• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

Jeter is out until after the AS break. He may out for the season. Should he retire?

He'll be 40 in mid-2014. He'll have missed most or all of the previous season.

Not sure his paper for next year is guaranteed if he doesn't play much this year. It's also only about 50% of his salary for this year. I'm sure he could work a buyout with the Yankees.

Jeets led the AL in hits last year. I don't see him retiring anytime soon

Fucking Maddon gets cute and pulls Price with 86 pitches in the 7th... McGee immediately gives up 2-run HR. 6-5 O's

I was reminded about this on my drive home and I forgot to post it in this thread but I was a proud member in the stands for the greatest moment of the Orioles 2013 so far....and quite frankly, it'll be a tough one to top

CALY RAE JEPSEN THROWING OUT THE FIRST PITCH

8629982939_f525ee6268_o.gif

o-CARLY-RAE-BASEBALL-570.jpg

carly-rae-jepsen-tommy-hunter-1.jpg

Carly+Rae+Jepsen+Minnesota+Twins+v+Baltimore+aHcGILY3nQex.jpg

8628730039_fd5e7076e5_z.jpg

carly-rae-jepsen-brian-matusz-tommy-hunter.jpg

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/carly-rae-jepsen-orioles-first-pitch-39643.html

Kimbrel just gave me a boner. Dude is unhittable sometimes. 98mph heater up top then hitting the outside corner with a 82mph curve. Damn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Always liked the Rays, but they just are not a play-off level team.

They have one impact offensive player; we will see how soon Will Meyers can make a difference. Price is great, but almost impossible to repeat his dominant 2012 season. The starting staff is strong, but weaker than in 2012 without Shields, and the bullpen looks like it has taken a step back. The fact is that the Rays' farm system's failure to draft and develop major league position players (other than Longoria) despite a ton of top 100 picks has caught up with Tampa Bay.

This is a very odd post. The Rays have won 84+ games for 5 straight years with almost all home grown players.

Fun pitching match up in NYC tonight if the weather holds off.

Yep, this Strasburg kid is pretty talented. he's sort of a poor man's Matt Harvey. :)

But seriously, here are the stats through each's first 13 starts:

First13_original.png

Keith Law:

"Tim Beckham ... I remember when he had bat speed."

Some other concerning scouting notes from Law on Durham squad. Odorizzi showing 4 pitches, none of which were "truly above-average." Myers with a change in front foot placement, maybe more of a short term mechanics thing, than a long term problem.

god i wish i had saved my MONTE mspaint of t-bex pasted onto brett wallace's lower body.

This is a very odd post. The Rays have won 84+ games for 5 straight years with almost all home grown players.

The Rays have 13 position (non-pitchers) players on their roster. Only 2, Longoria and Desmond Jennings are home grown -both drafted in 2006. IIRC, the Rays are the only team that has failed to have a position player drafted from 2007 to the present not make the major leagues. During that time, the Rays have mulitple high picks. The list of top 100 position player picks that have failed to pan-out includes:

Tim Beckham
Jake Jeffires
Todd Glaesman
Josh Sale
Justin O'Connor

I think you mean 2008 to the present (Price was 2007), but saying dudes who are 20-23 haven't panned out is a little premature.

And they did a fine job in the early part of the 2000's developing guys and then trading them away - using pieces like Aubrey Huff or Edwin Jackson to get back good starting players. And they developed BJ Upton, Carl Crawford just off the top of my head.

The Cubs should probably be in this list too, because I am not sure Brett Jackson striking out a 100 times and breaking his face on a wall would qualify our system as "better" since we had someone in the majors.

I get your point if you are coming in to lambaste the scouting reports and all the Farm System rankings.

And Josh Hamilton in 99!

That didn't get them anything, just throwing that out there.

Edit: wait, don't you get cash from a team that selects one of your players in the Rule 5 draft? That's something!

Back