• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London attack

Sorry, I was editing while you were typing. No, not even close. I don't mean the average citizens. Crazy Muslims kill a lot of innocent people, and most of them are other Muslims. I am sure that the average person in those countries wants a better life and views the jihadis as an enormous obstacle to normalcy.

But you can't convince me that the PTB over there are not only turning a blind eye to it, they are fomenting tension as a way to take the collective eye of their personal ball.

To the point that we agree on (and somewhat in response to the letter risc posted), it turns out that Khuram Butt was reported to authorities by a friend who also happens to be Muslim:

Butt's involvement is doubly embarrassing for police and the security services because he appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis – and was also involved in a filmed altercation with police in a pair of Rayban sunglasses after he unfurled an ISIS flag in Regent's Park.

He was known to both MI5 and the police and he was still able to murder seven people

Khuram Butt was known to both MI5 and the police.

Despite being on the counter-terror watch list, there was no evidence he was planning an attack and therefore his file was not deemed a priority.

Butt's involvement is doubly embarrassing for police and the security services because he appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis – and was also involved in a filmed altercation with police in a pair of Rayban sunglasses after he unfurled an ISIS flag in Regent's Park.

On Channel 4's The Jihadis Next Door he was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views.

He was reported to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube and police were later warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago - giving them sweets and money to listen to him.

A friend said he was never contacted by the police or MI5 about his concerns, adding: 'I did my bit, I know other people did their bit but the authorities did not do their bit'.

Figures show the agency is managing around 500 active investigations involving around 3,000 individuals at any one time.

But in addition there are also a larger pool of as many as 20,000 people who have been considered at some point in the past but are not included in the live probes.

The spotlight has fallen on how closely those in the second, larger group are monitored after it emerged that the Manchester attacker Salman Abedi was a former subject of interest.

On Channel 4's The Jihadis Next Door he was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views.

He was reported to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube and police were later warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago - giving them sweets and money to listen to him.

Who are the "PTB over there?" Isn't it common knowledge that United States allies like Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are providing the most material support to terrorist organizations? Dealing with that threat seems like a good place to start, IMO.)

Back