• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London Deacs?

awakegirl

Reaction score
I’ll be in London starting tomorrow for ten days and hoping the awakeboys and I can find a pub that might have the ACCT on? Anyone have any ideas?

What? Go to TGI Fridays in Leicester Square.
If I'm going to Leicester Square it's gotta be Gregg's. Great local hole-in-the-wall that the tourists haven't learned about yet.

You won't find anywhere with the ACCT on unless it's an American style Sports Bar of some sort and I'm afraid I don't know any off the top of my head but Google would be able to help you there, you won't find any traditional British pubs with it on though. Even with that said though I don't know how many of the sports bars would actually have it on or not, I imagine most of them just show pro sports.

If you have any more questions about stuff to do in London though feel free to hit me up, I don't actually live there but my ex did so I know my way around a little bit.

Also I'm sure you've already thought about this but you have to add 5 hours onto the start time of games when you're over here, I haven't checked the schedule for the ACCT but the clemson game for example tipped off at 2am here. You'll struggle to find any bars or pubs still open and playing sports at that time. Obviously it's up to you whether you wanna stay up that late to watch but I can send you some links to be able to watch at your hotel or airbnb or whatever if you do. Also like I said I don't actually know what time the ACCT games start so you might be fine but that's just something to bare in mind.

Yeah I've just looked it up and the timings should be fine for the first couple of rounds, they both start at 1930 so that wouldn't be a problem, if we make it any further than that though you're looking at midnight tip off time for the semi finals and 1:30am for the final

Also I'm sure you've already thought about this but you have to add 5 hours onto the start time of games when you're over here, I haven't checked the schedule for the ACCT but the clemson game for example tipped off at 2am here. You'll struggle to find any bars or pubs still open and playing sports at that time. Obviously it's up to you whether you wanna stay up that late to watch but I can send you some links to be able to watch at your hotel or airbnb or whatever if you do. Also like I said I don't actually know what time the ACCT games start so you might be fine but that's just something to bare in mind.
I didn’t even think of Cam! I’m going to create a twitter just to ask! And ty on the time reminder!
As someone who is there a half dozen times a year, it can be a struggle finding live American sports outside of the NFL. There may be some pubs in heavily American neighborhoods like Islington, or in super touristy areas around Piccadilly etc but even in those places it’s probably slim pickings. I honestly would just do some googling related to the area you’re going to be in and maybe you’ll get lucky…

Also just FYI, it’s only a four hour time difference right now, they don’t change their clocks until the last Sunday of March (the 31st this year) so there’s always a 3-4 week period each year where it’s four hours instead of five - don’t want you to miss a game by an hour!

Good luck!

I've tried every strategy in the book: watched an entire ACC baseball tournament with a VPN, Ish's buzzer beater against Texas on an illegal stream in the middle of the night, stayed up all night in an Irish pub to watch the super bowl.

My best advice is this: start googling and facebooking alumni groups for the big ACC schools. It's very possible that Notre Dame or Carolina alumni have booked an entire bar to show their games or the tournament.

I've tried every strategy in the book: watched an entire ACC baseball tournament with a VPN, Ish's buzzer beater against Texas on an illegal stream in the middle of the night, stayed up all night in an Irish pub to watch the super bowl.

My best advice is this: start googling and facebooking alumni groups for the big ACC schools. It's very possible that Notre Dame or Carolina alumni have booked an entire bar to show their games or the tournament.
I was in Greece Sept 2022, woke up in the middle of the night and thought “hmm what’s the Wake-Liberty football score”. Saw it was close and immediately had to find a stream. I was half asleep thinking wtf is going on

Back