• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London Deacs?

As someone who is there a half dozen times a year, it can be a struggle finding live American sports outside of the NFL. There may be some pubs in heavily American neighborhoods like Islington, or in super touristy areas around Piccadilly etc but even in those places it’s probably slim pickings. I honestly would just do some googling related to the area you’re going to be in and maybe you’ll get lucky…

Also just FYI, it’s only a four hour time difference right now, they don’t change their clocks until the last Sunday of March (the 31st this year) so there’s always a 3-4 week period each year where it’s four hours instead of five - don’t want you to miss a game by an hour!

Good luck!
It was 5 hours for every game I've watched the last couple of weeks? Has the US changed its clocks this last week?

I’ll be in Heathrow for a couple of hours on Sunday.

It was 5 hours for every game I've watched the last couple of weeks? Has the US changed its clocks this last week?
Yeah, US changed clocks this past Sunday (March 10th). So out of sync and only four hours off until the UK changes theirs at the end of March.

If I'm going to Leicester Square it's gotta be Gregg's. Great local hole-in-the-wall that the tourists haven't learned about yet.

Do they serve baileys from a shoe?

Yeah, US changed clocks this past Sunday (March 10th). So out of sync and only four hours off until the UK changes theirs at the end of March.
Thanks for the heads up, I would've been pissed turning the game on at half time lol

I made a business trip to Manchester a few years back and ran into someone from New Jersey on a similar trip at a local pub. Thought he was a bit of an oddball, but soon found us talking about things we liked about NC.

Then I found out he went to Duke and an infrequent "Cameron Crazy."

We parted ways soon after.

awakegirl, do please provide an update as to how you found the pub and to your experience!

awakegirl, do please provide an update as to how you found the pub and to your experience!
I need to ask awakeboy since he’s still sleeping and I can’t remember the name but some place that he found that had American ESPN and multiple tvs, so rugby was still on. I’m going to see if I can get YouTube tv to stream in the hotel room today. I couldn’t initially, but working with customer service!

Go Hooligan style today. Go to a pub and if they even hint that they can't meet your meager request for one simple basketball game on the tele then Fuck. Shit. Up.

And Go DEACS!

I need to ask awakeboy since he’s still sleeping and I can’t remember the name but some place that he found that had American ESPN and multiple tvs, so rugby was still on. I’m going to see if I can get YouTube tv to stream in the hotel room today. I couldn’t initially, but working with customer service!
Answer is a VPN I think to make YTTV think you are in US. What I did the last time I was in Europe in order to watch Wake and Va Tech football on YTTV....game where Sage broke his collarbone.

Answer is a VPN I think to make YTTV think you are in US. What I did the last time I was in Europe in order to watch Wake and Va Tech football on YTTV....game where Sage broke his collarbone.
bruh.
BRUH.

Why did you even put that out into the universe?

Ugh. I was at that game. It was fucking freezing and we had to park a million miles away. Then the game was as obviously not fun.

Back