• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Lost Simple Pleasures In Life

Trying to get the ladies to send n00dz before snapchat was an ART. I can only assume the Polaroid era was like the renaissance.

That MMS beep was $

I'm talking about before that. When cell phones were barely around, and camera phones were only for the ELITE. People barely had webcams. They would have to take digital pickles and UPLOAD those suckers on a shared computer to send via EMAIL.

#thestrugglewasreal

Calling a girl on the phone is a great one as is biking all over town.

I also remember growing up the first house I lived in had a huge front porch. And it seemed all of the neighbors had one too. And when my brothers and I would play outside in the late afternoon/evenings the front porch seemed to be where everyone congregated.

I dont think there is a single front porch in my neighborhood now

Calling a girl on the phone is a great one as is biking all over town.

I also remember growing up the first house I lived in had a huge front porch. And it seemed all of the neighbors had one too. And when my brothers and I would play outside in the late afternoon/evenings the front porch seemed to be where everyone congregated.

I dont think there is a single front porch in my neighborhood now

Stoopin is alive and well in DC!

With the rise of credit and debit cards I miss finding a $10 or a $20 in a pant or coat pocket. Dolla Dolla Bills

When I was a kid the Swell bubble gum factory was around the corner from our school/playground. We could go over there and they would put a wad of freshly made bubble gum on a piece of waxed paper for us. Then we'd go back and play.

When we were old enough to go as a group, there used to be special deal for kids at Connie Mack Stadium. For $1.25, you'd get a bus ride to and from then 69th St. Terminal and a general admission ticket to the game. For a quarter, you'd get a scorecard and a pencil. I can still smell those french fries they made below ground level and served in snow cone cups.

Kids being able to bike across town to a friend's house. Too many pedos out there now... I won't let my kids (late elementary school age) bike out of my sight.

I wouldn't dream of letting my sons ride out of our sight nowadays.

Where are you living where there are pedos behind every tree?

With people saying things like "I wouldn't dream of letting my kids out of my sight nowadays" - do you really think things are that much worse that it was totally safe back in the day and it's totally unsafe now? I think it's important to know where your kids are going/have a clue of whose house they're headed to, but to not let someone out of your sight...?

Wading around in the local creek looking for crawdads, riding bikes to ball field, then over to swimming pool when it got too hot. Riding bikes to comic book store for latest used comics other kids had traded in.

The ice cream truck. We've got one now in the hood (heads up, BSD. That dude come by every Sunday afternoon 5-7).

Going to the arcade. Owning the best Galaga score amongst your friends. It was a big deal. It. Was.

Going to the arcade. Owning the best Galaga score amongst your friends. It was a big deal. It. Was.

The arcade is a good one. We used to walk down to Johnny Mercer's pier at THE beach in the summer and spend $texas on Simpsons and TMNT arcade games. Beating the X-Men Arcade game with some friends down at MB is possibly my single greatest accomplishment.

Making shit up with impunity. Used to be you could say something with enough confidence and people would believe you. Nowadays any donk with a smart phone can call you out at any point.

Back