• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Lost Simple Pleasures In Life

Feeling sickening regret if you missed a new episode of your favorite show and had to wait for the "previously on _____" before the next to see what you missed.

Heaven help you if it was an X-Files mythology episode and not a MOTW one.

Making shit up with impunity. Used to be you could say something with enough confidence and people would believe you. Nowadays any donk with a smart phone can call you out at any point.

Huh. Go to the Tunnels. Nowadays any donk with a smart phone can verify their shit.

Kids being able to bike across town to a friend's house. Too many pedos out there now... I won't let my kids (late elementary school age) bike out of my sight.

Yeah, we biked all over the place, often many miles from home. I wouldn't dream of letting my sons ride out of our sight nowadays.

Stop being over protective donks

The sheer terror of calling a girl in MS/HS, and her dad answers the phone.

I met this girl at Summer Ventures who lived two towns over, far enough that it wasn't a local call. So calling her up and talking any reasonable amount of time would cost money and would show up on my parents' phone bill. It was actually cheaper and less of a hassle to drive to the mall the next town over and call her local from a pay phone.

I met this girl at Summer Ventures who lived two towns over, far enough that it wasn't a local call. So calling her up and talking any reasonable amount of time would cost money and would show up on my parents' phone bill. It was actually cheaper and less of a hassle to drive to the mall the next town over and call her local from a pay phone.

I still remember rolling up a $250 long distance phone bill on my parents account. It was my first girlfriend and she had just left town for college. Now such thing as a long distance bill now.

Or, you could have met her at the mall???

#Scratchinghead

I still remember rolling up a $250 long distance phone bill on my parents account. It was my first girlfriend and she had just left town for college. Now such thing as a long distance bill now.

This made me think back to first semester Freshman year. Right before school started my dad and I switched our family phone plan to verizon. This meant the while family had phones with text capability but we set it up where my sister and I had a certain number of texts per month. My dad decided that he nor my mother would be texting. I come home for fall break and my father is pissed because there is a $100 charge for text messaging and I'm going to have to pay him the $100. He's furious that I racked up that many texts. So he has me call to change our text allowance. During the phone call we discover it was not me nor my sister who racked up the texts but instead my parents who didn't have a text allowance.

No Verizon or any other "carrier" when I was in college, just Ma Bell. I remember taking phone calls on the hall phone when someone would scream that you had a call.

I drink a Mexican Coca-Cola in a glass bottle once a day. They sell it at the local Costco.

the butcher shop next door to my house has mexican coke and cheerwine in glass bottles.

Back