• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looks like Syracuse Men's BB has a Jerry Sandusky

He said he told them in 2002 after an incident he witnessed...I thought? May be wrong, I haven't read anything about the incident because it's sickening and I'm not interested at all

He went and told Paterno. And I guess Paterno told him he would handle it and went to two of his stooges- who did nothing. Well, almost nothing. They did not go to the police with the info. That's why they're facing charges.

"...At the time, the Syracuse police chief was Dennis Duval, a former Syracuse basketball player for Boeheim. Duval, who retired in 2004, could not be reached for comment. He played at Syracuse from 1971 to 1974, and started with the Syracuse Police Department in 1978."

Just an aside, I saw Dennis Duval play for the 'Cuse in the '73 Eastern Regional vs. Maryland. That was the Terp team that had Elmore, McMillen, Lucas, Howard, and a bunch of other good players.

Duval was a superb college player. Had a little NBA run for two years after leaving the 'Cuse. The story isn't exactly right in that Boeheim didn't become the coach of the 'Cuse until '76. He was an ass't on the staff though.

Last edited:
Per Davis's mother at the end of the article:

She said when Davis was young, he "was with Bernie Fine quite a bit." She said he traveled with the team extensively, though she said he did not go on trips when an airplane flight was required because he didn't like to fly. The 1987 Final Four, where Davis said he went with Fine, was in New Orleans.

Already contradictions in Davis's story that will make this new investigation interesting.

Strong statement by Boeheim:

"I know this kid, but I never saw him in any rooms or anything, it is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told. You don't think it is a little funny that his (relative) is coming forward? He supplied four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did.. there's only one side to this story. He is lying"

Would a head coach come out that strongly so shortly after a story if he was trying to cover it up? Kinda putting himself out there if he's wrong.

Last edited:
Whole thing does seem a little fishy. How many times do you see sexual assault victims putting themselves on camera broadcasting the details of their assaults. Rarely from what I can remember. Mothers of victims yes... interviews where the faces / voices are garbled or in darkness so you can't see them yes.... accusations coming out in the press yes.

I also think Boeheim wouldn't have spoken out so strongly if he wasn't completely convinced the allegations were lies.

Plus the only corroborating witness is a relative, that part of the story was weird. If the allegations are true and this guy is a sick pedo then he must have at least tried to touch other kids he was around over the years. The other victims will hear about this... and sitting there hearing Boeheim lash out against the 2 accusers... you'd have to step forward and corroborate the stories against Davis right?

This does reiterate something I've been thinking about through this. The PSU victims aren't the only victims of child predators out there... they're just in the news. Hopefully all of this will help prevent future incidents somehow, hopefully by more scrutiny when kids are in potentially dangerous situations and maybe more questioning by parents.

ESPN and The Syracuse Post-Standard investigated Davis’s claims in 2003 and declined to run articles because they could not confirm his claims.

The Post-Standard reported on its Web site Thursday night that it “interviewed a handful of other men” Davis “suggested might have been molested by Fine.” The newspaper added, “All of these men, including a close relative of Davis, denied Fine had sexual contact with them.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/18/sports/ncaabasketball/syracuse-assistant-is-accused-of-sexual-abuse.html?_r=1

Yeah this just seems like piling on. After watching them on Sportscenter, neither one of these guys seems remotely credible.

ESPN and The Syracuse Post-Standard investigated Davis’s claims in 2003 and declined to run articles because they could not confirm his claims.

The Post-Standard reported on its Web site Thursday night that it “interviewed a handful of other men” Davis “suggested might have been molested by Fine.” The newspaper added, “All of these men, including a close relative of Davis, denied Fine had sexual contact with them.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/18/sp...buse.html?_r=1

This is the part that makes me lean back towards it's more true. Would the accusers make the same accusations twice if they were fake? Like... what was occuring in 2003 (or whenever the original accusations came out) would make them think at the time that they could get paid by making up a fake child sex abuse story? Priests? It would make more sense now with so much scrutiny on Penn State (and then the Citadel). But if it's a make up lies for money scheme that seems like a pretty poorly concocted plan. I'd guess anyone who was innocent would defend themselves to the death if they were accused of some BS they didn't do. I certainly wouldn't settle, which somewhat seems to indicate guilt. But it's just weird that they'd come out again now if they got shut down the first time around. But who knows... maybe they were telling the truth the first time around and were frustrated nothing happened... and saw this as a chance to out Davis for the scumbag he really is. It was weird seeing them on ESPN though.... just didn't seem right giving nasty details during an in person interview.

Last edited:
Do you have any degrees from other schools as well that should be on the lookout? Talk about a few rough weeks.

Back