• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looney surprise

Big time. How many times did he lose his helmet on Saturday?

Are we still recruiting his little brother?

Joe Looney = Honey Badger. Joe Looney "don't care" about no helmet.

What is the over/under on Joe Looney losing his helmet against VT? My sources in Vegas put the line at 2. I'm going with the over and think Honey Badger will lose his helmet at least 3 times.

Big time. How many times did he lose his helmet on Saturday?

I only noticed once, but I could have missed a couple. The one in particular was because the defensive player pulled it off and got a facemask call.

Last edited:
He played HS ball down by us. He used to lose his helmet 10 times per game, Thought it was impressive that he was only losing it a couple times per game in college!

I think Steve Martin referred to Looney's 5.0 in the 40 during the FSU game. He's playing himself right towards Sundays. If the Bears front office had any sense, they'd try to draft him. That means he'll go somewhere else. Hope he continues his great production here and in the NFL.

I think Steve Martin referred to Looney's 5.0 in the 40 during the FSU game. He's playing himself right towards Sundays. If the Bears front office had any sense, they'd try to draft him. That means he'll go somewhere else. Hope he continues his great production here and in the NFL.

5 flat at 320 pounds is insane

More Looney love: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tony_pauline/10/10/week.6/

Joe Looney, G, Wake Forest -- The Demon Deacons have started the season 4-1 and are coming off a statement victory against Florida State. The offense is rolling over opponents in large part due to the offensive line, which is led by Looney. The athletic blocker is a powerful force with the strength necessary to open running lanes as well as the footwork required to protect the passer and stop oncoming blitzers dead in their tracks. Looney is a hard-working lineman who can play in a variety of offensive systems in the NFL. His play this season has moved the senior into the middle rounds of next April's draft.

Great pub for Looney!

I did see his helmet off a number of times on Saturday. That hair just cannot be contained!

In all seriousness, he would be a good fit for a zone blocking scheme, ie. shanahan and the redskins.

Back