• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOTR: The Rings of Power

ImTheCaptain

I disagree with you
Reaction score
For those of you who don't check out the Comic Book Thread/catchall for comic/scifi/fantasy media:

If you like LOTR and if you like big-budget fantasy TV you should check it out, neckbeards be damned.

thanks for coming to my TED Thread

I want to start this but also kind of want to finish the GOT show first, then I can binge this one.

i usually get pretty annoyed with the 12-hour movie set up b/c often episodes don't do much to move the story/characters forward (i'm looking at you Picard, you dirty garbage fire). RoP seems to be much better on that front (so far)

im actually back to liking weekly air dates,

it's nice to be able to binge sometimes but there's something to the breaks as well

Female dwarves that look female, cancel the show!!!

I just re watched The Two Towers and there is a hilarious bit in there where Gimli goes on about how people think there are no female dwarves because they look too much like the men.

the funniest thing about all this is the insistence on aesthetic and narrative when all the shit that influenced Tolkien was oral tradition which means no one correct way of interpreting/constructing a story

the funniest thing about all this is the insistence on aesthetic and narrative when all the shit that influenced Tolkien was oral tradition which means no one correct way of interpreting/constructing a story

Oh please go on !

First couple of episodes were really good.

I really wish we still had tags for this thread though. (dwarves remonstrate)

I've enjoyed it as well. Impressive work, I think. Might also help that the word is that Amazon has already green-lit 50 (!) hours of episodes, so they can actually build a narrative arc instead of fretting about cancellation.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes last week and tonight we were going to watch all three with our daughter, but my wife fell asleep halfway through ep 1. So now I’ve got to wait! Or, I guess watch it twice.

This show had lured me back in through episodes 3 and 4, and then 5 just totally lost it for me

The elves somehow needing mithril to live and the whole balrog stole mithril from a tree and buried it in a mountain thing was blehhhhh. It created a nonsensical and untrue story arc just to try to piece a story strand together that said why elves need mithril

Back