• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOTR: The Rings of Power

but it is Gandalf
Right. I don’t like that. It was a cool opportunity to explore one of the Blue Wizards which we know next to nothing about as I understand it. It felt a lot like shoehorning skywalkers into everything Star Wars. It’s ok to go a different route.

the show is not for people who know that blue wizards exist
I hear you, and I think that’s incorrect. “People” didn’t know any of the Westeros characters prior to the first season of GoT. Baba Yoda and The Mandalorian were also new characters. Do it right and you can capture the audience.

I hear you, and I think that’s incorrect. “People” didn’t know any of the Westeros characters prior to the first season of GoT. Baba Yoda and The Mandalorian were also new characters. Do it right and you can capture the audience.

Sure but this was going to a safer play from Amazon.

Anyway, I have a feeling they’re going to be in S2 or referenced since Gandalf is traveling East

this show and thread also made me want to pick up the book again… haven’t read it since I was in 6th grade, maybe it’s time

Finally finished the first season!

I give it an A for aesthetics.

B- for storytelling.

Overall…a decent effort worth watching.

Finally finished the first season!

I give it an A for aesthetics.

B- for storytelling.

Overall…a decent effort worth watching.
I do like the differentiation in aesthetics and storytelling. Numenor and Khazad Dum were breathtaking. And the creation of Mordor was fantastic

Spoiler Anyone get confused with the ending , as "The chin" (elrond) finds those scrolls , discovers the lack of ancestry for the southlands, climbs up the stairs only to see the three rings finished? It came off as a bad spanish telenova with all of the prolonged stares at each other...

Spoiler Anyone get confused with the ending , as "The chin" (elrond) finds those scrolls , discovers the lack of ancestry for the southlands, climbs up the stairs only to see the three rings finished? It came off as a bad spanish telenova with all of the prolonged stares at each other...

yeah, there are a bunch of 'knowing look' scenes in 7 and 8 that were painful.

I'm not sure why Elrond hid the "Halbrand is Sauron" info except to keep Galadriel from being humiliated? Which is super fucking dumb given the threat, not just that the Audience knows, but that the Elves know.

The real reason is that canon says the Elves didn't discover their error until Sauron makes the One Ring.

I'm not sure why Elrond hid the "Halbrand is Sauron" info except to keep Galadriel from being humiliated? Which is super fucking dumb given the threat, not just that the Audience knows, but that the Elves know.

The real reason is that canon says the Elves didn't discover their error until Sauron makes the One Ring.

which makes Elrond's (and Galadriel's behavior) even worse and bewildering

yeah, there are a bunch of 'knowing look' scenes in 7 and 8 that were painful.

Right, hence the hole the showrunners put themselves in.

yeah, that's something that's been grinding me a bit thinking back on the season's resolution

Back