• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Isildur thing is a little silly for the audience but not necessarily the characters. That didn’t bother me so much.

Like it’s a lot different than pretending Leia and Ben were ever in danger, IMO.

Seemed like Galadriel went looking for orcs/scouted or something? I was also confused about the separation.

yeah i've attempted this episode 7 twice and still have a good 20 minutes to go. makes me feel dumb for being so pumped about episode 6!

Anyone else in on Halbrand secretly being Sauron? The interactions with Adan sold me.

Well, halbrand going to stay with the elves would explain his deception and involvement with the forging of the Rings. I don’t know how else you get a handsome, clever, well spoken smith to ingratiate himself with the eleven lords

Last edited:
pretty sure the the writer/showrunners might be making this show about show about how Galadriel is responsible for the forging of the One Ring and Sauron's rise and how terribly clever they think that would be

get it! b/c it was her obsession with defeating sauron! allowing evil to drive your deeds leads to more evil - just like she said in e7

pretty sure the the writer/showrunners might be making this show about show about how Galadriel is responsible for the forging of the One Ring and Sauron's rise and how terribly clever they think that would be

My interpretation of e6 is that the rise of Mordor and Sauron was inevitable, no matter what she, or anyone else, did.

sure, but if Halbrand is Sauron the show has Galadriel responsible for guiding him back to ME, saving his life and hooking him up with the highest echelons of Numenor and Lindon/Eregion

this arc would also explain how he could re-ingratiate himself with Pharazon later when he surrenders to the Numenorians and travels back to the island and eventually gains sway.

yeah, i mean if it all leads to Viggo and Bean's scene on Amon Hen, it's all worth it

Well I am still not satisfied with some of the looseness of canon, but todays Rings of Power was a super satisfying watch. And leaves me excited for Season 2. They have lots to work with

Well, halbrand going to stay with the elves would explain his deception and involvement with the forging of the Rings. I don’t know how else you get a handsome, clever, well spoken smith to ingratiate himself with the eleven lords

sure, but if Halbrand is Sauron the show has Galadriel responsible for guiding him back to ME, saving his life and hooking him up with the highest echelons of Numenor and Lindon/Eregion

this arc would also explain how he could re-ingratiate himself with Pharazon later when he surrenders to the Numenorians and travels back to the island and eventually gains sway.

tom-cruise-shades.gif

My main grip with the final episode is that there is not one mention of rings the entire season long, suddenly Sauron reaches Celebrimbor, makes a helpful suggestion, Sauron’s identity is revealed, and the Elven Rings are forged, in like three minutes. After weeks and weeks of slow pacing, this all came out far too quickly.

Not to mention we now have three elven rings and none for the dwarves or men. Kind of a major plot hole

Actually the more I am reflecting the less I like it. That was a lot of super important revelation with not enough of the pieces to make the revelations worth it. This and Episode 6 were the energy this show needed all season long. But instead there were too many empty episodes that made the end here really flimsy

i frequently have to remind myself that this show was made for people who don't know anything about LOTR except what they've seen in a theater.

Back