• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louis Zamperini dead at age 97

saw the movie on Friday
I wouldn't say it was bad, but it almost goes without saying that it doesn't (nor could it realistically be expected to) do the book justice.
I probably would've said it was a "good" movie had I not seen the movie

conf-7.gif

She did the best she could w/ the material I think. She's a better director than actress for sure!!

Still...the point of the book was Louie's belief in God and salvation story via Billy Graham leading him to Christ. That obviously cannot be told in a major motion picture these days what w/ sensitive types out there

She did the best she could w/ the material I think. She's a better director than actress for sure!!

Still...the point of the book was Louie's belief in God and salvation story via Billy Graham leading him to Christ. That obviously cannot be told in a major motion picture these days what w/ sensitive types out there

Probably best that she didn't try.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has prepared a follow-up video to tell "the rest of the story".

Last edited:

What? That's basically the last 10% of the book. Yes, he ultimately found religion, but that's not really the point of the book at all.

Yeah, the point was he was unbroken and the bird was broken.

What? That's basically the last 10% of the book. Yes, he ultimately found religion, but that's not really the point of the book at all.

i trust somebody is cataloging Go's obviously wrong opinions

Back