• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

We need some faster guys on defense. I get that the UL WR who scored the tying touchdown is a track guy and very fast, but he left Taylor (should have made an immediate diving tackle after the catch), Redd, and Anderson (took a horrible angle and ended up 12 yards behind by the end of the play) completely in the dust. Makes me pretty concerned about better teams with similar/more speed.

This is where we missed Greer, Davis, and Slocum. Not only from a pure speed perspective, but also from being less tired.

Last edited:
I think Louisville is definitely one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the conference. I was nervous about the game as I thought this game was the difference in being good or being great. While any team in the conference is capable of beating us if we don’t show up. The only offense left on the schedule that scares me is UNC’s.

Bama in the national semifinal might be tough.

Any word on Greer and Fox and whats going on with them?

Clawson had said during last week that Fox would probably be back for Louisville, but he wasn't. I got the impression he didn't think Greer would be. Sure would be nice to get them back though. With a bye week coming up after we play Syracuse, they may hold them out against Cuse and get them an extra week's recovery.

I would compare UNC/State/Clemson team speed a lot more favorably to Louisville than FSU or UVA. Not talking about top tier SEC teams or anything.

You said "better teams." I don't know if any team on our schedule is that much better than Louisville.

What I've learned from this season is that our depth chart means nothing regarding whether our injured players will play.

Louisville is generally as quick and fast as any team on our schedule sans Clemson. I expect them to go to a bowl game this year.

Our offense should be good enough to keep us in any game on the schedule. Special teams have played well. The quality of our season will be determined by our defense.

Louisville is generally as quick and fast as any team on our schedule sans Clemson. I expect them to go to a bowl game this year.

Our offense should be good enough to keep us in any game on the schedule. Special teams have played well. The quality of our season will be determined by our defense.

Definitely the type of team we generally struggle with, even when not playing an elite opponent. Our sideline-to-sideline speed is usually a bit lacking and we struggle to contain dynamic QBs.

Facing the Georgia Defense is any better?

Yeah if we ever got to face one I’d just as soon start with Alabama. We’d have the whole country on our side even more so than Georgia.

Whichever one we BEAT, we’d BEAT the other in the next game anyway.

A man can dream.

Still a lot of chirping about the next-to-last (or last, depending on your perspective) play of the 1st half. I have no doubt that within 5 years, the narrative will have changed that the play occurred at the end of the game and not the half.

Louisville is a trash program at a trash school in a trash city. Bump this thread because they got that ass beat. L’s down.

most notable landmarks are a giant baseball bat and a dirt oval

Still a lot of chirping about the next-to-last (or last, depending on your perspective) play of the 1st half. I have no doubt that within 5 years, the narrative will have changed that the play occurred at the end of the game and not the half.

Yeah. I’m sick of it. The whole second half would’ve been different. We wouldn’t have been playing for a FG at the end, etc. there was a 3 second runoff on a running play on a TO Louisville called at the end of the game. Whatever. At the end of the day all people will remember is that we won.

Back