• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

Louisville gonna beat teams. The QB is NFL. Unlike Sam Howell.

Cunningham is criminally underrated. The Ravens should try to scoop him up mid-draft to be Jackson's backup.

I get some in the media still harping over the end of the 1st half; legit to question it and if it happened to the Deacs I'd feel the same. But to say that Sciba's field goal at the end should have been to send the game to OT is just stupid on several fronts, mostly just to think that whether a team is ahead, tied or behind as the game proceeds into the 2nd half does not alter how they approach field position, punt or field goal vs. go for it on 4th, etc. But to play along, we were clearly playing to run out the clock and kick the field goal for the win, but had we been behind by 3, no doubt we would have been going for 7 instead of playing for the tie. And based on how me moved the ball our last two possessions I like our chances of getting the TD there.
But back to the actual game and not scenarios based on something that occurred with an entire half left to play, if we had converted the 1st on 3rd down, Louisville would have had no choice but to lay down and let us score a TD on the next play , and not sure Clawson would have taken them up on it and given Cunningham a shot with over a minute to go. Bottom line: regardless of the end of the 1st half, we controlled our destiny and played it to perfection on our last two drives = winner/winner.

I get some in the media still harping over the end of the 1st half; legit to question it and if it happened to the Deacs I'd feel the same. But to say that Sciba's field goal at the end should have been to send the game to OT is just stupid on several fronts, mostly just to think that whether a team is ahead, tied or behind as the game proceeds into the 2nd half does not alter how they approach field position, punt or field goal vs. go for it on 4th, etc. But to play along, we were clearly playing to run out the clock and kick the field goal for the win, but had we been behind by 3, no doubt we would have been going for 7 instead of playing for the tie. And based on how me moved the ball our last two possessions I like our chances of getting the TD there.
But back to the actual game and not scenarios based on something that occurred with an entire half left to play, if we had converted the 1st on 3rd down, Louisville would have had no choice but to lay down and let us score a TD on the next play , and not sure Clawson would have taken them up on it and given Cunningham a shot with over a minute to go. Bottom line: regardless of the end of the 1st half, we controlled our destiny and played it to perfection on our last two drives = winner/winner.
If. If Hartman leads receivers by another three yards we have 14 more points.

I anticipated that this would be our toughest game and it wasn't close. My first reaction is that Louisville is good. Their two losses are to ranked teams. For some reason, CBS has them now ranked 54, two spots below UVA. I think that's way off. Cunningham is legit, and Tigerswood is right, he's a lot better than Nix.

This was the first game that we struggled against the run. Have to think that Fox would have helped a lot, as would Greer. I hope they're both available this week, and if not hopefully they can use the bye week to get back to 100%.

That’s kinda what I thought too. I really this this win gets better as the season progresses. They seem like a very good team.

If. If Hartman leads receivers by another three yards we have 14 more points.

Hartman did not have his A game. He missed two first down throws then the pick. Good news is he showed composure, and turned around late

Hartman did not have his A game. He missed two first down throws then the pick. Good news is he showed composure, and turned around late

Hartman was just named to the Davey O'Brien watchlist for national QB of the year. Feel like its a matter of time before he plays a freak game when he hits all of those deep balls. WF's offense forces defenses to cheat up, and WF's talented and well coached receivers are really good at getting behind the defense.

Last edited:
BTW fuck Louisville. Rednecks. As far as the team though. They are fun to watch, and Cunningham is excellent.

Not sure how good Louisville will be across the year, but at the very least that was some high level execution against us. Cunningham was pinpoint most of the game, even when on the run. When we did break up critical passes we had to be blanketed because he was putting it in perfect locations. Plus he could run it, they have athleticism at all major skill positions - that tight end catch diving near the sideline and a few others were really, really good. I'll be pretty surprised if they don't beat up on UVA next week.

On our side, the backhanded compliments for Hartman from our own fanbase are pretty annoying. It's not some criminal offense to take the completion when a guy gets behind the defense versus trying to throw past him for a perfect in-stride TD. Watched the exact same thing happen for a couple top 10 teams and nobody seemed to be blasting the QB's - you take a risk of missing the throw instead of just taking the sure-thing 40 yard completion when someone is that open. Plus he was under pretty consistent pressure all day. Both Cunningham and Hartman played stellar games with few mistakes, and Hartman won. Similar passing and rushing yards, but you'd think reading our own board Cunningham was +150 passing and +100 rushing... Some of the throws Hartman made - double-coverage sideline completions, the Perry corner endzone throw, 30+ yard darts up the middle through zone coverage... Those are elite throws, and his decision making has been excellent as well.

Despite missing a few key pieces on defense, Wake went out and beat a good team even though they executed well overall. Good stuff.

Not sure how good Louisville will be across the year, but at the very least that was some high level execution against us. Cunningham was pinpoint most of the game, even when on the run. When we did break up critical passes we had to be blanketed because he was putting it in perfect locations. Plus he could run it, they have athleticism at all major skill positions - that tight end catch diving near the sideline and a few others were really, really good. I'll be pretty surprised if they don't beat up on UVA next week.

On our side, the backhanded compliments for Hartman from our own fanbase are pretty annoying. It's not some criminal offense to take the completion when a guy gets behind the defense versus trying to throw past him for a perfect in-stride TD. Watched the exact same thing happen for a couple top 10 teams and nobody seemed to be blasting the QB's - you take a risk of missing the throw instead of just taking the sure-thing 40 yard completion when someone is that open. Plus he was under pretty consistent pressure all day. Both Cunningham and Hartman played stellar games with few mistakes, and Hartman won. Similar passing and rushing yards, but you'd think reading our own board Cunningham was +150 passing and +100 rushing... Some of the throws Hartman made - double-coverage sideline completions, the Perry corner endzone throw, 30+ yard darts up the middle through zone coverage... Those are elite throws, and his decision making has been excellent as well.

Despite missing a few key pieces on defense, Wake went out and beat a good team even though they executed well overall. Good stuff.

Hartman wasn't his best Saturday, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. In addition to the deep throws noted above, the 3rd-and-3 miss to Stewart when were up 10 and looking to put the game away was especially painful. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4M3EudW7c at 2:52:35). That said, he's improved tremendously from last year, and even on his off-days, he's able to make great throws at key times and get the team a victory.

I have to agree with you on Cunningham, who airmailed at least two TD passes (48:00, 1:34:47). I thought there was one more, but can't find it right now. But that's life for college QBs, even the good ones.

Hartman wasn't his best Saturday, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. In addition to the deep throws noted above, the 3rd-and-3 miss to Stewart when were up 10 and looking to put the game away was especially painful. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4M3EudW7c at 2:52:35). That said, he's improved tremendously from last year, and even on his off-days, he's able to make great throws at key times and get the team a victory.

I have to agree with you on Cunningham, who airmailed at least two TD passes (48:00, 1:34:47). I thought there was one more, but can't find it right now. But that's life for college QBs, even the good ones.

Hartman did say exactly that in his post-game interview on the radio show. I guess I'd have to see the Stewart play again; from my vantage point it looked like the throw was simply dropped. Agree that it would have been a much different fourth quarter if that pass is completed.

Just watched it (Bally Sports broadcast on in the background while working). Stewart ran an awesome slant-and-out route and Hartman led him too much. Would have had to be an amazing diving fingertip grab on a wide open 5 yard route. Do we know if Morin got hurt? Was shocked not to see him in the game down the stretch.

After watching the youtube clip, agreed it was a really tough catch to make.

We have ACC freshmen of the week but I want to know how soon they’re going to start handing out ACC 7th-year player of the week. Because soon I think we’ll be in the running.

We need some faster guys on defense. I get that the UL WR who scored the tying touchdown is a track guy and very fast, but he left Taylor (should have made an immediate diving tackle after the catch), Redd, and Anderson (took a horrible angle and ended up 12 yards behind by the end of the play) completely in the dust. Makes me pretty concerned about better teams with similar/more speed.

If we're playing those teams, we'll have already had a great season.

If we're playing those teams, we'll have already had a great season.

I would compare UNC/State/Clemson team speed a lot more favorably to Louisville than FSU or UVA. Not talking about top tier SEC teams or anything.

Back