• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

Just like KW3 he needs to start and get more touches along with Turner.

Did Turner have a second half carry? I saw him on special teams. He looked good first half. Ellison played well down the stretch.

Ellison is our best overall RB. Turner is the best in short yardage. And CBS is reliable, the best blocker, and does impressive work on special teams. It’s nice to have that rotation.

Cry Louisville, cry. Enjoy the L. The roughing the passer/targeting was an absurd call that led to a touchdown for the

How the fuck do you call that shitty of a call, it gets reviewed and replay says that’s not fucking shit, then we still get a penalty. Horrible. I lost my voice on that one. And a blatant missed holding call in the first half.

Was at the game so not sure if it was discussed on tv but perhaps the worst call to me was when Hartman scrambled, gained about 6 yards, and they spotted it as a gain of about 2. I guess they thought he was about to slide and you spot it at the beginning of the slide. He was not sliding.

Ellison is our best overall RB. Turner is the best in short yardage. And CBS is reliable, the best blocker, and does impressive work on special teams. It’s nice to have that rotation.

Nailed it. Depth at RB is such an asset right now. We are throwing guys at opposing defenses in waves.

Was at the game so not sure if it was discussed on tv but perhaps the worst call to me was when Hartman scrambled, gained about 6 yards, and they spotted it as a gain of about 2. I guess they thought he was about to slide and you spot it at the beginning of the slide. He was not sliding.

Stan was going crazy on the radio.

Nailed it. Depth at RB is such an asset right now. We are throwing guys at opposing defenses in waves.

And this is what Clawson prefers to do. Rotate running backs so they stay fresh and are strong in the fourth quarter.

And if it was ruled a slide, then they should have been assessed a penalty for tackling him even though he was "already down"

And if it was ruled a slide, then they should have been assessed a penalty for tackling him even though he was "already down"
Good point. Either way the refs messed up on that play.

On a related note, having watched plentiful games thus far from numerous conferences, it really seems like officiating is at an all-time low quality. I know that TV replays have magnified the public's ability to find ref faults but TV broadcasts haven't changed that much for 10+ years and we were calling out plenty of obvious ref errors (going both ways) in the stands yesterday. Rather, it seems like the good refs are retiring and they are replacing them with lower quality ones.

The Louisville boards reacted quite negatively to Clawsons jawing at the refs. Not that I care or surprised, but calling him Karen Clawson was kind of funny. Also kind of hypocritical because a majority of that fan base is no doubt married to the prototypical Karen.

On a related note, having watched plentiful games thus far from numerous conferences, it really seems like officiating is at an all-time low quality. I know that TV replays have magnified the public's ability to find ref faults but TV broadcasts haven't changed that much for 10+ years and we were calling out plenty of obvious ref errors (going both ways) in the stands yesterday. Rather, it seems like the good refs are retiring and they are replacing them with lower quality ones.

I agree and it seems this year reffing mistakes are going to shape the outcome of some major football games, whether WFU or otherwise. There just seems to be no accountability, consistency, or improvement.

WE also seemed to have lost 3 yards on the spot on Ellison's very last run before the final FG.

I don’t know that I agree. I think it’s amazing how well refs do with their eyes the majority of the time.

But, the technology exists to know where the ball is on the field of play at all times and remove some subjectivity. We should start using it like FIFA and ITF do.

meh i think we have hit the inflection point on replays and am happy that most sports are rolling back some of those initiatives. refs will never be perfect but imo they generally don’t have that huge of an impact on outcomes in the big picture.

WE also seemed to have lost 3 yards on the spot on Ellison's very last run before the final FG.

I thought so at first but he was down and rolled. The spot was correct when I saw the replay.

Dave was also going crazy on the sideline.

On the whole, I can’t remember ever seeing Clawson that angry that often on the sideline.

I attended the Louisville game in 2019. Satterfield rode the officials' asses for 60 straight minutes of football. Followed them up and down the sideline like a rabid animal.
I was not able to attend the game yesterday but part of me wonders if Clawson was not about to let Satterfield get an upper hand in the "chewing" department.
Having said this, from what I could discern on TV, there was some horrible officiating (just another day in the ACC) that justified Clawson being upset.

Dave was also going crazy on the sideline.

On the whole, I can’t remember ever seeing Clawson that angry that often on the sideline.

Can happen with this ref crew, which is the same crew that fucked up the Miami-Duke game 5 years ago (UM kick return TD on final play that had multiple laterals with players' knees down).

Back