• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game: 12:20

This is the most important game of the season IMO. If we win this one, I could see us getting 7 wins. If we lose, I see 5 wins. Very critical that we win this game.

A game that counts for two wins? Damn, we really better win

Have a bad feeling about this one. Wake coming off another fairly devastating loss, where the defense got gassed, and Louisville off a big road win. Think Louisville cruises something like 45-24. Hope I'm wrong.

This is the most important game of the season IMO. If we win this one, I could see us getting 7 wins. If we lose, I see 5 wins. Very critical that we win this game.

Well, your next game is in some manner always the most important one. But I think I understand. And agree that we really, really, need to regroup and refocus and win this damn game.

Have a bad feeling about this one. Wake coming off another fairly devastating loss, where the defense got gassed, and Louisville off a big road win. Think Louisville cruises something like 45-24. Hope I'm wrong.

I have the same feeling. Jackson is no doubt pumped after watching film of GT running wild on us.

If both Wake and Dook are stuck on 4 wins when we meet the last game of the season, here's a possible "What's The Word" question for PTI:

It's ______ that the Wake/Duke game will determine a bowl bid based on 5 wins and a high APR

We need to put a cheerleader on the back of the motorcycle and distract Petrino. Or send him some fake Ruggerio playbooks with some imaginative plays in it. Or both.

Makes me think that too much was made of the stolen plays-- heck anyone can figure out Ruggerio's play book

Let's hope it stays that way. A win here gets our mindset in the right place for the trip to South Bend.

We're looking at a five-game losing streak if we don't beat UL.

We need to put a cheerleader on the back of the motorcycle and distract Petrino. Or send him some fake Ruggerio playbooks with some imaginative plays in it. Or both.

+1

Wake's Defense must step up. After watching them dominate Florida State, it has been disappointing to watch their regression. If the Defense steps up and plays like they can, I like our chances.

That seems harsh as I don't think the D really can be faulted for their overall Clemson performance. Maybe a little slow out of the games but 28 points against them is fine.

Got worn down by the triple option but not the first nor last team that has happened/will happen to. Also not sure how much of that offense Sawvel has seen before so perhaps a bit of an indoctrination

Think you are correct, unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong and the entire team of coaches and players decide they’re not going to take it anymore and play disciplined aggressive football for the entire game.

Last edited:
Where UL's defense is weak- stopping the run and down the field in the passing game, we pretty much suck. So I wouldn't count on us doing particularly well.

Where UL's defense is weak- stopping the run and down the field in the passing game, we pretty much suck. So I wouldn't count on us doing particularly well.

We ran the ball well in the first half against Tech. If we can run the ball against Louisville it keeps Jackson on the bench where he's the least dangerous. I think the question is, if we are having success running the ball and they commit to stopping it, can we adjust and take advantage of what that opens up. We sure didn't in the 2nd half last Saturday.

Back