• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Hope Jamie is okay but man are we blessed to have Sam as our back-up. Special teams were abysmal for the most part tonight and we are not good enough to overcome having 2 of the three phases of the game not show up. We will face a fired up FSU team next week who has the same caliber of athletes that L'ville does, how we respond will make or break our season IMO

1) y’all are crazy if you thought we were going to roll into Clemson 9-0

2) we played the most uncharacteristic game of the season and still almost pulled it off.

Gotta fix the special teams and we will be fine.

If KBS did indeed have the ball when the refs unpiled everyone, then it definitely should have been Wake's been ball confirmed by the replay. How did the refs even rule it UL's ball in the first part? I assumed that the UL player ended up with it, and they felt like they couldn't really overturn that with the replay. Sounds like the ref on the field screwed up, replay could have fixed it, yet somehow they did botched that as well.

“Sending tape to the ACC” has always been a thing people say. Has it ever made a difference? Not likely. Maybe the refs internally get some quiet reprimand, but that’s it. The next week they’re back to being lousy. This has been true for years with us.

Refs kowtow to the loudest voice in their ear at the moment - either fans of coaches or both - and that’s never been us.

I try to teach my kids not to blame the refs when they lose close games they’re playing. I’ve openly told them I’m probably a hypocrite because of how I am as a Wake fan.

Our small-school Switzerland reputation sort of screws us here. I thought our being ranked would help, but I guess not. Although given how few ranked teams the ACC has, if the refs were going to be swayed toward one side, you’d think it would be the team with some national publicity and momentum.

1) y’all are crazy if you thought we were going to roll into Clemson 9-0

Were you on record saying this before last night? Otherwise it’s just conveniently reactionary tsk-tsking.

It was going to be a mountain to climb, but given our success to this point and the ACC’s lack of quality, it wasn’t a crazy hope. You said yourself we nearly pulled this off anyway.

Louisville was holding our receivers on nearly every passing down. That's the only way they could stop them. The refs hardly ever called it but our jerseys were being stretched like rubber bands over and over and over again. We can send the film to the ACC. They might even look at it. Then there will be some key phantom pass interference calls on Wake in Death Valley (if necessary), and the league will call it even. Nice job ACC.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen an onside kick reviewed, much less overturned. Sounds like they were to o chicken to set the precedent. I’d rather it not even be reviewable if there’s is no chance they’ll overturn it.

They spend way too much time reviewing everything else, how is that NOT reviewed??

Wake made every mistake possible, the defenders were holding the receivers on every down, and it still took a bad call on the on sides kick to keep Wake from winning.

This team battles. You have to love that.

We got out schemed defensively and that will need to be fixed.

Were you on record saying this before last night? Otherwise it’s just conveniently reactionary tsk-tsking.

It was going to be a mountain to climb, but given our success to this point and the ACC’s lack of quality, it wasn’t a crazy hope. You said yourself we nearly pulled this off anyway.

Pretty much on record, yes

Stated that this game won’t be easy.

Also stated that 10-2 was realistic as there would be at least one let down along the way.

So has the league office come out yet and said the onside kick call was wrong and we should’ve had the ball, so the media can make a big deal out of it for the next week like they did with UNC’s 1 second they should’ve gotten? It was funny, Stan said it would be interesting if we hear from the league office over that call and Clawson said, “let’s be honest nothing will come of it.” I took that to mean we’re not UNC and the league will be silent. I’m also sure the UNC fans are saying now we know how it feels like the 2 situations are even remotely the same. UNC would’ve had 1 second from the 50 to score a TD. We would’ve had 90 seconds from midfield to kick a FG to tie or a TD to most likely win. (Most likely because we still would’ve had to kickoff, lol)

Refs kowtow to the loudest voice in their ear at the moment - either fans of coaches or both - and that’s never been us.

Telling that both the worst calls happened right on Louisville’s sideline.

It’s hard for Wake to get excited to play a school like Louisville with no real football tradition.

It would’ve been nice if a heavy upperclassmen group was focused and came out amped up, but this should be a good wake-up call to get their minds right for a good finish to the season. Doubt the players want to have a dirty taste in their mouths again. Just take care of business and we’ll be fine.

the officiating probably didnt go our way but in any case our defense got smoked, esp by misdirection. is there something systemic? just smenda and redd being below average? also feel we got very little pressure on qb. related?

Everyone agrees before the game we knew that Louisville has better athletes and we hoped to be competitive and the first quarter bore that out and if their starting qb did not get hurt and if they did not go into the prevent defense it would have been a rout.

But still a tough pill to swallow when we actually had a chance to win at the end.

Doesn’t matter in the end because nobody’s beating Klempton.

Difference next week against FSU is their quarterbacks nowhere near as good as Louisville quarterbacks.

the officiating probably didnt go our way but in any case our defense got smoked, esp by misdirection. is there something systemic? just smenda and redd being below average? also feel we got very little pressure on qb. related?

We all knew that they had much better athletes and combine that with Satterfield imagination no chance to stop them

Back