• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Correction. Half of the team fought hard. The other half “played” defense.

It would have looked a lot more respectable on TV if even half of our “fans” showed up to the game.

Some shitty fans missed a good game. Team fought hard.

well at least we can't blame the students for the mass departure of fans. Is there a 10 o'clock curfew in Winston-Salem, has Martial law been declared?

What the hell were we doing kicking the ball deep to open the 2nd half. Is the 5 yards of field position worth the risk of the 2 huge plays we gave up in special teams.

I like Carney, but I think we have more talented backs getting underutilized.

Finally, our pass rush was terrible tonight.

This is also correct

What the hell were we doing kicking the ball deep to open the 2nd half. Is the 5 yards of field position worth the risk of the 2 huge plays we gave up in special teams.

3. THREE kick returns down inside the 15. Essentially, three kick returns for TDs. Not 2.

The announcers described the on side kick correctly. Beal-Smith had possession of the football with his back on the ground. That said, it is not the reason the Deacons lost. Louisville scored 62 points. That is the reason the Deacs lost.

Refs sucked but can’t blame them. We gave up too much.

Shake it off, get healthy and get ready for the CriminNoles next weekend.

It sure looked clear to me that CBS was lying on his back with the ball in his arm. Not sure what more conclusive evidence they needed to overturn. I wonder what the refs would say, specifically, that they needed in order to overturn that.

Yes.

Terrible crowd. Inexcusable when the team is 5-0

Yep.

I blame Ron Wellman. His malfeasance with the basketball program has harmed the University across the board. We have some lame ass fans too.

Our special teams lost this game for us. Our defense sucked out loud at critical moments. But fuck those refs to hell

We deserved a chance to win a game we didn't deserve to win. EVERY 50/50 call was against us. Even some that weren't 50/50, but when you give up 60+ points, you don't have much right to complain. Dammit.

The announcers described the on side kick correctly. Beal-Smith had possession of the football with his back on the ground. That said, it is not the reason the Deacons lost. Louisville scored 62 points. That is the reason the Deacs lost.

Worse part is we literally had 3 Deacs jumping on the ball with Surratt, cbs and believe Hinton diving for it. Unreal

It sure looked clear to me that CBS was lying on his back with the ball in his arm. Not sure what more conclusive evidence they needed to overturn. I wonder what the refs would say, specifically, that they needed in order to overturn that.

It's rare you get such a good camera shot of a scrum like that. There's really no point in having replay if that's not enough to overturn.

Worse part is we literally had 3 Deacs jumping on the ball with Surratt, cbs and believe Hinton diving for it. Unreal

Yeah, I was 100% sure we originally had it and was stunned when the ref pointed the other way.

Came down to one call, Beal had the fucking ball in his arm and was down. Refs without the balls to make the right call.

Great effort. Not our best playing but excellent effort, refs killed us in this game.

I’m gonna go kick the shit out of the neighbor’s dog. I’d kick mine, but I like him too much.

Why even have the fucking replay without actually mak8ng the correct calls

Our special teams lost this game for us. Our defense sucked out loud at critical moments. But fuck those refs to hell

Yep. Three (essentially) special team TDs, 2 kickoffs, 1 punt. Many garbage TDs after other bullshit turnovers. D played bad, but not 62 bad.

We had some ref calls that didn't go our way, some terrible special teams play, and a ton of penalties that killed us. But if you're honest, Louisville had a couple athletes that were better than anybody we had to defend them. That's always gonna be the case against the ACC middle of the road teams. Louisville isn't a good team, but sometimes it's the athletes. We aren't gonna win when we don't play very well. This will ALWAYS be our problem against most D-1 teams except the Rice's, Duke's, Rutgers', etc. It meant nothing that we got to 5-0 vs the schedule we played. We could've been 2-3 very easily. If we find a way to win 3 more games congrats to us. It won't be easy no matter what the ranking. We're a top 25-35 team at best. You're not top 20 if you can't stop a team like Louisville.

Yup. I don’t always agree with your takes but this is truth. They had athletes we couldn’t contain. They absorbed the few penalties (should have been many more) on our receivers to limit our advantage their. And we made too many costly mistakes. We are not good enough to beat ACC teams that way. We scored more points than our basketball team often can for fucks sake. We are what we are. Better than we have been. 5-1. Still not athletic enough to win if we don’t execute nearly perfectly against midtier ACC teams with better athletes. Our special teams lost this game.

Elrod was running the booth review. You heard it here first.

Back