• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Post Game Presser. Glorious Danny, Truly Glorious

so we lost again? who do we lose to next?

on a side note, Danny might try to move his glasses a little farther down his nose, it might make him look a little wiser without actually having to make any serious effort to be wiser

At Clem's son this weekend, I believe. 11 more L's to go!

Bring on baseball season!

If he does get canned and we hire a good coach that performs well, DM will be quick to say, “tried to tell everyone we just needed to get older.”

son of a bitch, i am so fucking sick of hearing why we don't win is because we are young. we have been "young" since Dino left...we have so many damn transfers, yes people go pro but they weren't drafted and that is a big difference.

Last edited:
Stop caring!!! Be happy when we rarely win and live your life otherwise. It’s been a decade since we were relevant.

How long are other school post game conferences? I get the feeling that ours are just 7 minutes of hell. Our reporters have quit along with Manning.

Did he actually say, essentially, that he's a victim of his own success by sending "a bunch" of kids to the pros? Wake has produced ONE NBA player in the 5 years since he arrived.

Dinos got a nice little deal in Greece, good for him. Crawford went to Israel and is probably making some decent scratch, but Moore is in the G-League making very little I would guess.

So that is 4 kids in 5 years that left early to play pro ball at some level. By comparison, Dino coached a team with FOUR NBA players during a single season.

Last edited:
In order to win, you have to keep players. Particularly at Wake Forest. We aren't going to be nor should we be a one-and-done factory. It wasn't sustainable for Georgetown. It won't be sustainable for Duke after K dies/retires. It only really works at State schools. I know Duke fans are having fun this year with Zion, but I do think they had way more fun when they are cheering on guys for two or three years - Grant Hill et al.

Regardless of whether Duke can sustain being a one-and-done factory and whether it is good for Duke's rep and college basketball, it shouldn't be done at Wake. Period. Therefore, a coach needs to follow the Brad Stevens, Jay Wright model of developing talent. Rotation guys for a year or two, starters for another year or two - 8 minutes, 13 minutes, 25 minutes+ trajectory. To develop talent, you need to have a system (we don't have one), a recruiting philosophy (don't have that either), and the players need to have fun (ours aren't). Fun happens when you win, and where there is a mentorship happening where guys know they are becoming better players and better people. We had that under Prosser in spades. We don't have that now. It was Bzd's downfall. Probably a pretty good Xs and Os coach - at least at the pro level - a miserable mentor - threw players under the bus and apparently a bit of a primadona (where's my ranch dressing). Manning, unfortunately, is neither a good Xs and Os coach nor is he a mentor. This is why guys leave. They aren't improving, aren't having fun, and are getting little to no mentorship/leadership.

Get him out today. Nestor/Childress the rest of the way. Probably need to put JGray on the bench to replace Manning and Manning.

Get Duncan and CP3 involved when approaching your first choice coach at the end of the year. I have retired the idea of Wellman stepping down and allowing his successor to hire the next coach. But maybe if CP3, Shah and Duncan are at least in the sales pitch and on board, our first choice could still happen.

Last edited:
In order to win, you have to keep players. Particularly at Wake Forest. We aren't going to be nor should we be a one-and-done factory. It wasn't sustainable for Georgetown. It won't be sustainable for Duke after K dies/retires. It only really works at State schools. I know Duke fans are having fun this year with Zion, but I do think they had way more fun when they are cheering on guys for two or three years - Grant Hill et al.

Regardless of whether Duke can sustain being a one-and-done factory and whether it is good for Duke's rep and college basketball, it shouldn't be done at Wake. Period. Therefore, a coach needs to follow the Brad Stevens, Jay Wright model of developing talent. Rotation guys for a year or two, starters for another year or two - 8 minutes, 13 minutes, 25 minutes+ trajectory. To develop talent, you need to have a system (we don't have one), a recruiting philosophy (don't have that either), and the players need to have fun (ours aren't). Fun happens when you win, and where their is a mentorship happening where guys know they are becoming better players and better people. We had that under Prosser in spades. We don't have that now. It was Bzd's downfall. Probably a pretty good Xs and Os coach - at least at the pro level - a miserable mentor - threw players under the bus and apparently a bit of a primadona (where's my ranch dressing). Manning, unfortunately, is neither a good Xs and Os coach nor is he a mentor. This is why guys leave. They aren't improving, aren't having fun, and are getting little to no mentorship/leadership.

Get him out today. Nestor/Childress the rest of the way. Probably need to put JGray on the bench to replace Manning and Manning.

Get Duncan and CP3 involved when approaching your first choice coach at the end of the year. I have retired the idea of Wellman stepping down and allowing his successor to hire the next coach. But maybe if CP3, Shah and Duncan are at least in the sales pitch and on board, our first choice could still happen.

Good post, interesting thought on Duncan being involved. Anyone have reasons why he has never been around the program much? I saw how and and CP3 visited together one August a few years ago, but that's all I've ever seen.

I don't know but has been offered before on this board by others more in the know. He was very loyal to Coach Odom and did not like how he left WF. Others?

giphy.gif

"The thing I like about being a Wake Forest basketball fan? I get older, but the team always stays the same age..."

Good post, interesting thought on Duncan being involved. Anyone have reasons why he has never been around the program much? I saw how and and CP3 visited together one August a few years ago, but that's all I've ever seen.

Thought it had something to with how GDO was handled at the end of his tenure, but I could be wrong.

Back