• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

Like Breaking Bad, Mad Men should have wrapped after five seasons.

The creative juice and plot opportunities were just not there to carry 7 seasons. Looking back on all of them, there was just a ton of repetition and filler.

Like Breaking Bad, Mad Men should have wrapped after five seasons.

The creative juice and plot opportunities were just not there to carry 7 seasons. Looking back on all of them, there was just a ton of repetition and filler.

The repetition is the whole point.

Two hours is a lot. Worth listening to?

If you like their podcast and their series wrap up editions. It's a nice way to say farewell to the series. Much of it is answering listener questions like best moments, characters, etc. I listen to their podcast most weeks for their perspective on the industry and they do a great job of following shows like Mad Men week to week.

Last edited:
Never really followed this thread as I was always a few seasons behind. But did finish the series over the weekend. I was pleased with the final two episodes.

One thing that really struck me was the whole vet foray in the second to last ep, in bumblefuck, KS or wherever. Really a nice allegory for the American myth. There is no bond that can't be immediately unbroken by money. An important lesson learned (or re-learned) along Don's dark journey. I loved the way this show used eye catching visuals and nostalgia to almost mask, but not completely no matter how hard it tries, the biting cynicism at its core. So American.

Anyway, hadn't seen much talk about it on the webs. Just thought I'd post.

Last edited:
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard...-shows-us-the-stories-fans-will-never-get-now

madmenwishlist.jpg

Not revisiting Faye was, to me, one of the biggest disappointments of the final season. I always thought the most infuriating single moment of the show was Don's decision to propose to Megan over Faye. It sort of erased an entire season of character development, and in the immediately preceding episode, it seemed like we were on a trajectory where Don and Faye were to become a legitimate power couple, which I thought was a really interesting place for the show to go.

I don't know that we got a "worse" show than we would have with Don + Faye, but I still would've liked to see her return for the final season.

Back