• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

I guess Peggy accomplished what she wanted. She created something of lasting value with Stan the Man.

Good episode. The last season was disappointing overall and felt contrived in so many ways. But the show was so great early on that it had a lot of room for error. I will look forward to watching the whole series again in the future.

Who was the second name in Joan's partnership?

It's her name. She added back in her maiden name. Joan Holloway-Harris.

Very much a sign of playing on her own terms and her own independence. I'm glad Joan and Peggy didn't partner up. They've never been compatible. I like the idea of Peggy making bank on side work with her and both of them working with Ken. Is Ken the only married person in this show who didn't cheat?

I wish Weiner had filled in the gaps and shown the Coke pitch. It would have been less contrived especially given that dude called it.

Still room for a Sally spinoff.

Last edited:
one of the girls that don was talking to ("people just come and go as they please?") is dressed exactly like one of the women in the coke ad (pigtails)

Weiner nailed it; great ending.

I guess I've seen so many stellar finales (The Shield, Six Feet Under, Parks and Rec) that focused solely on the main cast that it bothered me somewhat to have 6 minutes left in the ep and some random dude had a monologue about how his life sucks. But I get it. Don wasn't going to realize it himself and Don hanging with randos is a pretty consistent plot point on the show.

I think I like the end. And I think the reason why I like it was because Don finally seemed ok with himself. But it is totally cynical for him to use his experience to sell soda.

I think I like the end. And I think the reason why I like it was because Don finally seemed ok with himself. But it is totally cynical for him to use his experience to sell soda.

parts of this finale were really good but good lord, spending all that time on that dude crying at the hippie meeting with just minutes to go in the series was driving me fucking nuts.

Wow that article nailed the ending. Also someone on this thread nailed that dude being bad / not working out for Joan. A little too much Stephanie but overall I enjoyed the finale. And of course the last shot of Pete and Trudy boarding Lear Jet would be a bag boy throwing onto the jet their blue and green suitcases.

that random depressed dude makes me want to hug my Worcestershire sauce in my fridge

Trudy looked so smoke. I want to personally thank Mad Men for bringing Allison Brie into our lives.

I read some reviews last night because Alan Sepinwall was on vacation and didn't post his review until this afternoon. His is easily the best. I especially liked this.
The "Mad Men" opening credits present a silhouette of Don in his office before the wall, the floors and all the other accoutrements are stripped away, sending him falling through the air and past all these symbols of his career in advertising. The sequence ends, though, with him seated safely and confidently in a chair, still clad in his power suit, a cigarette still dangling from his finger. He loses everything, and falls, yet winds up in seemingly the same place as before. I don't expect or require Weiner to show extreme fidelity to that piece of animation, but given how this season has played out, I wonder if this all ends with Don living some new version of his life that's only slightly different from the one he walked away from, or if he turns into someone very much apart from that guy in the suit. A few years ago, I might have assumed that Don would always be Don. Lately, though, "Mad Men" has been suggesting hope for something else.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...keW9Hgi0EVj.99

Sepinwall nailed that. Don went AWOL, seemingly lost everything, then created an iconic ad to put him back on top.

is there anyone here that thinks he stayed in california?

there are a lot of hints that he went back. the girl with the pigtails, the scenery between the hilltop commercial and his retreat, the last conversation w/ peggy ("don't you want to work on the coke account?"), weiner being kinda cynical

Back