• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia SIGNUP: Townie is taking the TOWN. Starts Monday, 3-16

How do you mafia?

It's good fun. A moderator organizes the game and secretly divides the players into two groups. One group is small, but these "bad guy" players are allowed to know of each other and secretly communicate with one another. The other group is composed of the remaining player base (large, between 10 and 20 players), but these "good guy" players don't know who is a good guy and who is a bad guy.

The moderator chooses a few times throughout a 24 hour day that are called deadlines: sometimes 10am, 1pm, 3pm. During these deadlines, the entire player pool chooses one player not to play anymore, called a "lynching." After a player is lynched, they are removed from the game. Then, the bad guys are given 15 minutes or so to discuss amongst themselves one more player to remove from the game, usually one of the good guys. That player is then removed from the game. The game ends when either all of the bad guys are eliminated, or the good guys no longer have the numbers to support lynching a bad guy.

Some of the good guys can be secretly given super powers, like the ability to tell if a single player is good or bad. After this good guy is killed, the moderator typically reveals the good guy's role, and the remaining players are able to use the knowledge gained by the player to make better decisions going forward.

tl;dr it's a perpetual butthurt machine that's super fun

roll call if people wanna play i'll moderate

I'm in if you can deal with a noob trying to figure it out.

I was thinking Wake AD themed. Rafi protecting Manning, that sort of thing. Will write it this weekend.

Unfortunately, I think we'll all have plenty of time on our hands, so we can just run the COVID-19 game after the Wake AD incompetence game.

I'll be happy to write and run that one. Giving us a week to watch it play out should provide more material anyway.

Last edited:
Back