• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Magnitude of game against Louisville

VOTSdeac

Reaction score
Would most people agree that this will be the biggest and most important home game Wake Forest has played in the last 6 years? I know that a win does not guarantee our spot in the NCAA tournament, but I think it puts us on the right side of the bubble, and we all know how long it's been since we could say that.

The more I think about this, the more I hope our crowd (and especially student section) shows up and creates a loud environment. I thought the Pitt game was huge, but I was there and I was disappointed in how many people showed up. Is the athletic department doing anything to encourage a huge turnout? Any current students on the board that can give us a feel for the excitement level around campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont get your hopes too high...this is 2nd worst matchup for us after fsu the whole season. i really hope we can keep it under 15 turnovers

It should be viewed as the biggest home game of this decade. Hope the students and locals come out in droves. I'll be meverous as all hell, all day long.

This is the classic example of a game that the home court is so critical. It's not the Duke or UNC game that matters. It's this one.

Take a look around the Joel on Wednesday at 9pm. However many seats are full, that's how many we need in our next stadium. I predict 8K present. The Joel is killing us.

This is the classic example of a game that the home court is so critical. It's not the Duke or UNC game that matters. It's this one.

Take a look around the Joel on Wednesday at 9pm. However many seats are full, that's how many we need in our next stadium. I predict 8K present. The Joel is killing us.

8-10K is about right, but it's not just the number of seats. We need an angry crowd that just had to deal with miserable parking logistics of an OCA so they are more irritable in their cheering. #hideyokeys

Don't you folks know that we routinely fail in "must win" games?

Better to treat this as "just another game".

Nothing in sports is more important than how fans think about games.

dont get your hopes too high...this is 2nd worst matchup for us after fsu the whole season. i really hope we can keep it under 15 turnovers

based on what? we played well against fsu for most of the game anyway

Need a black out with black t-shirts for everyone. Biggest game in a long time. I feel like the team is going to play great.

I know we have looked shaky vs the press, but we are actually a pretty low turnover team.

It's more about the press giving us less time to set up the offense and get multiple attempts to get the ball inside.

We win. Good Crawford shows up, and we hit open shots. The key against Louisville's press is to attack once you beat it. We can't get into the habit of forcing an offensive set if you have numbers. 4-3, 3-2, 2-1 .... we need to play basketball and hit shots. We have the shooters to absolutely light up a team like this. Chill and BC need to be patient, find gaps, and then find shooters. Louisville has to respect Collins in the paint once we break it, so Dinos, Arians, Wilbekin, and Woods need to be ready to catch and shoot when they get the opportunity.

Deacs win by 11. You heard it here first.

I know we have looked shaky vs the press, but we are actually a pretty low turnover team.

This. We tend to remember Dinos throwing it away or Arians getting trapped against the press more than we do the easy buckets we get against them. Generally teams get one possession to surprise us without Childress on the floor, then we sub him in immediately and we're extremely tough to press. Childress is really good at using his quickness to avoid going where the defense wants him to. Plus on a decent shooting night transition 3's will shut the press down real quick like against GaTech. Someone else threw a press at us and I think Woods hit back-to-back 3's and that was it.

Heard from inside the staff that 11k tix already accounted for. Also, apparently a big fraternity event at Last Resort that night and LR agree to shut it down at 9 to push the kids into the arena. I'm thinking the 8-10k is way too conservative. 12k+ is my prediction.

We win. Good Crawford shows up, and we hit open shots. The key against Louisville's press is to attack once you beat it. We can't get into the habit of forcing an offensive set if you have numbers. 4-3, 3-2, 2-1 .... we need to play basketball and hit shots. We have the shooters to absolutely light up a team like this. Chill and BC need to be patient, find gaps, and then find shooters. Louisville has to respect Collins in the paint once we break it, so Dinos, Arians, Wilbekin, and Woods need to be ready to catch and shoot when they get the opportunity.

Deacs win by 11. You heard it here first.

I'm with you. Wake actually finishes one. Deacs 85 - Louisville 77

Heard from inside the staff that 11k tix already accounted for. Also, apparently a big fraternity event at Last Resort that night and LR agree to shut it down at 9 to push the kids into the arena. I'm thinking the 8-10k is way too conservative. 12k+ is my prediction.

Look around when the ball goes up. Think to yourself "is playing this massive game with 5K empty seats ok with me?"

Are you people this pathetic in your own lives in business? Is fail ok with you?? This is our flagship moment of a year in front of TV cameras nationwide. Men's basketball in a critical home game for the NCAA tournament. Is it ok and acceptable to play in a stadium twice the size that it should be?

Failure & pathetic stacks of sound and excitement sucking seats is not ok. We can and must fix this. Correctly.

Back