• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Magnitude of game against Louisville

Look around when the ball goes up. Think to yourself "is playing this massive game with 5K empty seats ok with me?"

Are you people this pathetic in your own lives in business? Is fail ok with you?? This is our flagship moment of a year in front of TV cameras nationwide. Men's basketball in a critical home game for the NCAA tournament. Is it ok and acceptable to play in a stadium twice the size that it should be?

Failure & pathetic stacks of sound and excitement sucking seats is not ok. We can and must fix this. Correctly.

Maybe Wes Miller can build it for us.

dont get your hopes too high...this is 2nd worst matchup for us after fsu the whole season. i really hope we can keep it under 15 turnovers

Last year at Louisville, they had 12 turnovers and we had 9. We had 18 assists and they had 7. We went 3 for 12 from the line and that is why we lost that game. We have better shooters and better ball handlers on this team. I certainly think we will be competitive in this game.

Last year at Louisville, they had 12 turnovers and we had 9. We had 18 assists and they had 7. We went 3 for 12 from the line and that is why we lost that game. We have better shooters and better ball handlers on this team. I certainly think we will be competitive in this game.

We have proven time after time that we can play with any team in the country for 34 minutes. We just have to finish ONE game vs a top 25 team. Just one (out of 11).

Look around when the ball goes up. Think to yourself "is playing this massive game with 5K empty seats ok with me?"

Are you people this pathetic in your own lives in business? Is fail ok with you?? This is our flagship moment of a year in front of TV cameras nationwide. Men's basketball in a critical home game for the NCAA tournament. Is it ok and acceptable to play in a stadium twice the size that it should be?

Failure & pathetic stacks of sound and excitement sucking seats is not ok. We can and must fix this. Correctly.

I can only imagine how much you must've bitched about fan attendance during the name redacted years :rolleyes:

So for the record if we sell out or have 12-14k in the building we'll need a bigger on campus arena. Wes is waiting.

I've still got my keys.

Is comparing tax returns the new "mine is bigger than yours"?

Don flow gave around 300 tix to his employees, so theres that. Also there was around 9k for Pitt, so idk why everyone is predicting under 10k for this game. Should be at least 11k probably 12. Plus Louisville basketball fans tend to travel well, when they first came to town after joining the acc I remember there being a decent contingent of cards fans for that game.

I'm going to the game with wife and youngest kid.

I'm not completely sure what you're saying here, but there haven't been 5K empty seats for ANY Wake home ACC game this year. The 9 pm tip time could be a bit of a challenge, but the huge implications for the game should far outweigh any negatives of the late tip. Surely this gets close to a sellout, right?

I'm not completely sure what you're saying here, but there haven't been 5K empty seats for ANY Wake home ACC game this year. The 9 pm tip time could be a bit of a challenge, but the huge implications for the game should far outweigh any negatives of the late tip. Surely this gets close to a sellout, right?

Neither is he. Just ignore him, man.

Last edited:
You have to beat somebody good in order to deserve to be in the tournament. We need to win this game in order to deserve consideration for the tourney. If we don't, then our last hope will be beating some decent teams in the ACCT.

Back