• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Magnitude of game against Louisville

I love historic sports venues, so I understand your love of Cameron (though the place makes me ill). But cmon, you can't recreate a 77 year old venue. What's your point? That they "don't build 'em like they used to?"

I assume you've been to Oxford before, DR? You really should consider opening an office there. The profits from casualties of the Grove would allow you to start at least 15 more businesses. Trust me, I know.

It is very clear I am in the minority here. I get it.

Like I said, just marking my place once again so that there is no dispute going forward where I stood. We'll see what happens with Duke and WF basketball in 2025 and 2035. We'll see what happens with PNC Park and new Comiskey. Time determines the winners and losers. I tried to speak up.

I think Ben, Mit, and Bob ponying up $35 Million to improve the training facilities and on-campus athlete amenities are more important, but #youdoyou

I can just see Wellman having an unveiling ceremony in front of a bunch of big donors and the media saying "yeah we're going to just build this shitty little small arena and cram everyone in." How long of a standing ovation would that get?

I do apologize to all for my abrasiveness.

Last time I spoke up and said what I thought we should do, a few years later I read:

(1) You never said hiring Wes Miller was a good idea
(2) You never said hiring Pat Kelsey was a good idea
(3) You never said we had too many seats in the Joel
(4) You never said the Joel had too much square footage

I said all of those. For a long time.

Just so we're very, very clear: it is my position that renovating the Joel instead of scrapping it is the single worst decision in WF sports history. We are allowing a 70 year old failed AD make a decision which will haunt us for another 30+ years. This is not the Buzz debacle. This is 3 more DECADES of fail.

I think Ben, Mit, and Bob ponying up $35 Million to improve the training facilities and on-campus athlete amenities are more important, but #youdoyou

Although I do think we need a Basketball player dorm, like the Kentucky Wildcat Coal Lodge.

I'm not sure what DR is arguing here. In an ideal world everyone on this board would take a 9,000 seat OCA. But we bought the Joel and we are renovating it. It is going to be an improvement on what we have. Is it the best thing we could have done with the money we have available? Unsure, but it is what we did so there is t any turning back. Might as well get excited about the improvements and not piss and moan about what might have been.

I know DR and I don't recognize the guy that is posting. He is genuinely a good guy, but the persona being displayed the last week is pretty unreal. Wish you the best DR. Not sure what is going on but I wish you would Chill a bit. You are better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you've been to Oxford before, DR? You really should consider opening an office there. The profits from casualties of the Grove would allow you to start at least 15 more businesses. Trust me, I know.

Some guys just can't handle their bourbon.

Still not sure what we are arguing about. We are now stuck with the Joel. Hopefully the renovations work out great.

I do apologize to all for my abrasiveness.

Last time I spoke up and said what I thought we should do, a few years later I read:

(1) You never said hiring Wes Miller was a good idea
(2) You never said hiring Pat Kelsey was a good idea
(3) You never said we had too many seats in the Joel
(4) You never said the Joel had too much square footage

I said all of those. For a long time.

Just so we're very, very clear: it is my position that renovating the Joel instead of scrapping it is the single worst decision in WF sports history. We are allowing a 70 year old failed AD make a decision which will haunt us for another 30+ years. This is not the Buzz debacle. This is 3 more DECADES of fail.

How the fuck did we win two ACC championships while operating out of the Joel? Magic I guess.

I'm not sure what DR is arguing here. In an ideal world everyone on this board would take a 9,000 seat OCA. But we bought the Joel and we are renovating it. It is going to be an improvement on what we have. Is it the best thing we could have done with the money we have available? Unsure, but it is what we did so there is t any turning back. Might as well get excited about the improvements and not piss and moan about what might have been.

I know DR and I don't recognize the guy that is posting. He is genuinely a good guy, but the persona being displayed the last week is pretty unreal. Wish you the best DR. Not sure what is going on but I wish you would Chill a bit. You are better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Still not sure what we are arguing about. We are now stuck with the Joel. Hopefully the renovations work out great.

Especially when we have recently raised funds that have launched us to the top tier in terms of facilities.

I have to think if we really are moving to Greensboro for a full year that we are talking about a full gut of the building. However, if that was the case you would hope work would start immediately after the last home game...with no plans being made public yet I would think this has to be planned for 2018-2019 season.

I'd be interested to hear from an engineer, but I would hope a full gut could offer an optimal size arena with better acoustics; what I'd really like to know is if the footprint of the building would allow the elimination of the upper deck entirely, with the possible exception of a mezzanine type bar area.

And regardless of your plans, if there is one half of one percent chance that JC returns next year you wait...you don't put your first legit sweet 16 chance team in almost 15 years at a disadvantage before the season starts.

How the fuck did we win two ACC championships while operating out of the Joel? Magic I guess.

Last night was my first trip to the Joel this season. Since the last time, I've been to multiple games at PNC, including our win there this year. PNC is certainly a nicer building, but the atmosphere at the Joel last night was far better. PNC is huge, and the fans are so far away. If Wake moves forward with the types of renovations we saw pictures of a while ago, we'll certainly have a top tier arena, as we should. I'm really excited to see these renovations.

We won 2 acc championships in 27 years in the Joel. This is average.

I've never tried cocaine but maybe I should after watching you people go along with your only chance for this generation to build a WF bball dream stadium be tossed aside by a man who has taken us to 1 Sweet 16s in 21 years. 30 more years of failure is not ok. We can't reverse course in 5 years. An 80 million dollar basketball renovation for sold (but empty) club seats won't be able to be corrected until we are 70 and the world has passed us by like it has Ron. This is a colossal misstep right in the prime of our lives.

I've never tried cocaine but maybe I should after watching you people go along with your only chance for this generation to build a WF bball winning stadium be tossed aside by a man who has taken us to 2 Sweet 16s in 21 years. 30 more years of failure is not ok. We can't reverse course in 5 years. An 80 million dollar basketball renovation for sold (but empty) club seats won't be able to be corrected until we are 70 and the world has passed us by like it has Ron. This is a colossal misstep right in the prime of our lives.

Or you could argue we won two in, what, seven years?

I've never tried cocaine but maybe I should after watching you people go along with your only chance for this generation to build a WF bball dream stadium be tossed aside by a man who has taken us to 1 Sweet 16s in 21 years. 30 more years of failure is not ok. We can't reverse course in 5 years. An 80 million dollar basketball renovation for sold (but empty) club seats won't be able to be corrected until we are 70 and the world has passed us by like it has Ron. This is a colossal misstep right in the prime of our lives.

So back to the sports car query ...

My understanding is that only cosmetic changes to the coliseum will be taking place this summer (new video boards, etc.). Additional renovations are still subject to funding, but the design firm feels they can be done between seasons so that home games are not expected to be moved to Greensboro.

Back