• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mainstream Bands That You Don't Like

ATLDeac

Reaction score
In this thread we list the bands/musicians that are very popular, but we don't like.

I'll start with Bruce Springsteen.

Looks like the consensus, but I came here to post Dave Matthews Band. Never understood why my friends went crazy for them.

Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a pretty cool dude and I respect the hell out of him but their music does not move the needle for me at all.

Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a pretty cool dude and I respect the hell out of him but their music does not move the needle for me at all.

Interesting just having this conversation today with a friend. Loved Dave/Foos for a long time, but now not so much. Their stage bouncing/ hair tossing routine strikes me as contrived and tired. Great songs in their catalog and Taylor Hawkins = monster rock drummer but Im yawning now

Interesting just having this conversation today with a friend. Loved Dave/Foos for a long time, but now not so much. Their stage bouncing/ hair tossing routine strikes me as contrived and tired. Great songs in their catalog and Taylor Hawkins = monster rock drummer but Im yawning now

I've been in denial about it for a couple of years now, but this actually sums up my FF thoughts as well. I'll still turn it up to 11 if I hear something before say, 2000, but I'm over Dave.

However FF is not my answer to the OP. Not a band, but nobody and I mean nobody gets me to hit the "next" channel faster than hearing the first 3 notes of a Bob Seger song.

Two bands that always make me change the station are Alice in Chains and Jane's Addiction. Couldn't ever get into either.

Jane's Addiction, Dave Matthews Band, Grateful Dead, later era Beatles

1D

Oh, and The Beastie Boys, Springsteen, Dylan and Janes Addiction.

Back