• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mainstream Bands That You Don't Like

At the Clockwork Angels tour, there was only one group around us that wasn't a male/female couple. The pair behind us was coed friends.

Also, CA is likely a top 5 Rush album IMHO. And I love the early stuff. I can't stand albums after Signals and before Presto.

I guess their fans are getting older like them. Now they probably draw married couples with their one night out per month away from the kids. The guy gets his Rush show, and in return has to reciprocate when the wife wants to see Celine Dion or some shit.

Agree about the post-Signals era. A few good songs here and there, but nothing solid top to bottom like the output from FBN through Signals.

As for The Clash, you can't judge them by Rock The Casbah. .

You are correct, and thats why I admitted that my dislike was irrational. On a related note, I used to love Foreigner (the sound is a little dated now, but in the 70s-80s it was awesome). Then they released that crappy radio-pop staple "I Want to Know What Love Is" and I absolutely hated it. But I still liked Foreigner, but with the understanding that they recorded one crappy song. If I had been exposed to The Clash before Rock the Casbah came out, I'm sure I would've like them. Elvis Costello's early albums are as close as I came to listening to "punk", but I fucking loved Costello because that was a bright spot in the otherwise crappy 80s.

Elvis Costello's early albums are as close as I came to listening to "punk", but I fucking loved Costello because that was a bright spot in the otherwise crappy 80s.

What? You never listened to The Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the New York Dolls, Iggy & The Stooges? Wow. That's sad, Boogity.

Joan Rivers was on Letterman last week. Thought Letterman was going to ask about her controversial comment she made about Heidi Klum's dress at the Academy Awards: "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," Rivers said. Letterman stayed away but did ask Rivers about Adele.

After announcing that she’d met the Oscar-winning pop star, Rivers puffed out her cheeks and pushed her arms away from her body as she asked David: “Has she been on the show?”
Despite the chorus of disapproval that greeted her physical enactment of a chubby person, the controversial 79-year-old continued to poke fun at Adele’s figure.
She joked: “What is her song? Rolling In The Deep? She should add Fried Chicken.”
Rivers went on to mock Adele’s anxiety before her Oscars performance of her James Bond song Skyfall, revealing the singer was worried about her throat and complained that she couldn’t swallow.
The stand-up veteran quipped: “I said, ‘Oh yeah, you can swallow,” as she again held out her arms in a gesture of portliness.

As do musicians, believe it or not. A great songwriter does not require great musicianship. The Clash would be another good example of that.

so would tom petty for example, but the cure appeals to depressed girls.

Back