• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'Making a Murderer' discussion. (Paging Shooshmoo)

There's no way you have a kidnapping, rape, torture, throat slashing murder of a person shot 11 times in two separate enclosed places without finding a single double helix of that victims DNA. None. You could burn the trailer and garage to the ground and you would still find a trace of her DNA.

ETA: Does anyone get convicted of perjury anymore? Every person on the stand lied at some point, and I didn't see where any of them where charged.

As someone in the biz, although I have not handled any murders yet in my young career, I think that TAB hit the nail on the head in his various posts and the following is my two cents: There is obvious foul-play on behalf of the state. I think when reading the actual court transcripts and looking at the evidence left out of the documentary Avery did kill Teresa. With that said, the state did not carry their burden. Len Kachinsky should be disbarred. Brendan was involved in some way but should never have been convicted. Strang and Buting did an excellent job but were ultimately hamstrung by a few motions that did not go their way (for example, they were not able to present alternative suspects) and the fact that they did not have the resources to go after the blood tests run by the FBI.

The overall problem I had was that even after hearing all the evidence for and against Avery, including evidence I have read that was not included in the documentary, I sat and thought to myself that "Avery could have killed Teresa. But, I am not sure, and I there is a small piece of me that believes he could have been set up by the Mantiwoc Sheriffs Department." That in itself just shows that the state did not reach their burden. Too often nowadays I see cases where clients are presumed guilty until proven innocent. That is just the sad state of affairs and was totally evident in such a high profile case as this one.

12509440_10206763968272274_8214790556649036981_n.jpg

Avery is probably guilty but I don't know that I'd have convicted him (similar to my thoughts on Adnan).

However, he could be guilty and Brendan could be innocent. I do not buy for a second that there was sufficient evidence to imprison that kid. Everything surrounding his case is a travesty to me. The "I guessed" like he did on his homework line to his mother sounded exactly legit and honest.

Avery is probably guilty but I don't know that I'd have convicted him (similar to my thoughts on Adnan).

However, he could be guilty and Brendan could be innocent. I do not buy for a second that there was sufficient evidence to imprison that kid. Everything surrounding his case is a travesty to me. The "I guessed" like he did on his homework line to his mother sounded exactly legit and honest.

just saw this last night.

we were yelling at the TV - what an absolutely sad situation around that kid. also, his first appointed lawyer? WORST.

any good podcasts discussing it? Simmons and Klosterman talked about it for a few minutes but that's all ive heard.

The documentary shoulda included the part about SA buying the restraints. After reading that online it then made total sense why the investigators led Dassey into confessing to the DA's rape fantasy he was uncomfortably getting off on in that presser

Not going to read through the thread because I'm only through episode 4, but the wife was losing her shit and yelling at the TV when the kid couldn't dump his Rick Moranis attorney. And that was before the big reveal at the end of the episode. I suspect she will lose her shit a few more times before it's over.

Is all of Wisconsin stuck in the 80s fashion wise or just this one county?

I wonder how much his Brendan's defense team sat down with him and his family and said, "The play here is to show that you're stone stupid."

I'm finishing up Ep 9 right now. So I guess I might as well finish it up.

Back