• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Malaysian Airline Flight MH370

I thought the shadow theory had been debunked?

May have been.

I have a problem with the cell phones in a hijack scenario. Is there a way to jam them and keep them from communicating the hijacking to friends, family, etc.,?

Some 200 phones. That is a considerable number of phones for hijackers to collect before a distress text or call could be made

May have been.

I have a problem with the cell phones in a hijack scenario. Is there a way to jam them and keep them from communicating the hijacking to friends, family, etc.,?

Some 200 phones. That is a considerable number of phones for hijackers to collect before a distress text or call could be made

Per this thread, yes and supposedly its not hard.

Perhaps the most dangerous thing about this incident that is if someone DID want to do this in the future, everyone on the planet out of curiosity and theories and news reports have learned exactly how to pull it off.

Well regarding the hijack scenario, I think it's much more likely that one or both of the pilots was flying the plane for the entire length of the flight. A hijacking would have been noticed and word would have gotten out. However, this was a red eye flight iirc, so it's likely a good majority of the passengers were asleep and those who were awake might not have noticed the change in flight path until dawn (which doesn't explain why they didn't use their phones then unless they were far south over the Indian Ocean, dead, or their phones had been confiscated).

If someone gradually turns the plane around how would anyone notice a change in flight path?

You guys aren't thinking like a terrorist. If the goal is the plane, not hostages, why not just throw on some gas masks in the cockpit and gas everyone in the cabin? Then wgaf about cellphones. Gives the terrorists free rein to go below deck to futz with the communications equipment.

May have been.

maybe the phones were wrapped in the shroud of turin

You guys aren't thinking like a terrorist. If the goal is the plane, not hostages, why not just throw on some gas masks in the cockpit and gas everyone in the cabin? Then wgaf about cellphones. Gives the terrorists free rein to go below deck to futz with the communications equipment.
They did fly up to 45,000 feet and could have depressurized the cabin. I now there are masks that are supposed to drop down but maybe there is an over ride the pilot can switch to prevent that from happening. No oxygen, no passengers.

They did fly up to 45,000 feet and could have depressurized the cabin. I now there are masks that are supposed to drop down but maybe there is an over ride the pilot can switch to prevent that from happening. No oxygen, no passengers.

I remember one of the many experts/pilots on CNN said the oxygen masks just provide a limited amount of oxygen. I think he said 10 minutes or so. They are just intended to allow the pilots time to get the plane down to a safer altitude. However, he said the pilots actually have tanks in the cockpit that will provide oxygen for a longer duration. He specifically said that someone flying the plane could definitely kill everyone not on a tank and then come down to a lower altitude and keep flying.

If someone gradually turns the plane around how would anyone notice a change in flight path?

And even if you do, what passenger knows the flight path? It's not like everyday people have the route memorized and can tell markers from the sky. Unless it is going over a large body of water or mountain range or something, nobody has any idea where they hell they are flying anyway.

That oxygen supply would only last for a brief amount of time, anyway.

That system is designed for the plane going down, not up.

If some know it all started pointing out the window and saying that a few minutes ago Virgo and Leo were right there, but now he's beginning to see Ursa Minor and Cassiopeia, the pilot would just tell him that due to a Cetcil wind, Dystor's vectored them into a 360-tarson of slow air traffic and they'll maintain that Borden hold until they get the Forta Magnus clearance from Melnics.

Clearlly there was a gremlin on the wing, but only one man could see it
Gremlins-020B.jpg

Somalia. Pirates.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a “low flying jumbo jet” at around 6:15am on March 8.

They said that it was a white aircraft, with red stripes across it – which is what the Malaysia Airlines flights typically look like.

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu. They also noted the incredibly loud noise that the flight made when it flew over the island.

“I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly,” said an eyewitness.

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

Back