• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Malaysian Airline Flight MH370

DDA

Reaction score
Hate to hear this. I already have a slight phobia of flying and this doesn't help. Plane was a 777, which is supposed to be the newest tech. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the next days/'weeks. Anyone have any other info? How does this happen? Terrible. God rest the passenger's souls:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-missing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Vietnamese Navy says the plane crashed in the sea:

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

That site will take you down the rabbit hole if you let it.

Soon you'll be watching YouTube videos...

I had already seen/heard of many of those thanks to my slight "fascination" with air disasters. I realize accidents are one in a million but hearing about this story, considering it was a 777, gives me chills.

The freakiest flight disaster, though, is the Air France one. Just effed up how they didn't know they were descending.

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to the families of the Malaysian flight...ugh.

that site is cray. in similar let much less horrible news a dude I know was flying today and the cabin lost pressure and they had to go low and land at alternate airport etc etc. not sure how common that is but golly gee

also there was a NPR youtibe map video of all global flights I posted and that is amaaaaazing

Terrible. And of course I'm flying today.

that site is cray. in similar let much less horrible news a dude I know was flying today and the cabin lost pressure and they had to go low and land at alternate airport etc etc. not sure how common that is but golly gee

also there was a NPR youtibe map video of all global flights I posted and that is amaaaaazing

That's what killed Payne Stewart IIRC...they must have determined it too late and couldn't descend or something...sad..scary

Two people listed as passengers were not on board, reports are saying. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Two people listed as passengers were not on board, reports are saying. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Sounds like both of those listed had their passports stolen in Thailand in the past year or two, an Italian and an Austrian. Whoever boarded the plane was using their stolen passports. That seems pretty odd to me.

Apparently, the Austrian passenger had his passport stolen a couple of years ago. They're speculating the same thing with the Italian passport.

Sounds like both of those listed had their passports stolen in Thailand in the past year or two, an Italian and an Austrian. Whoever boarded the plane was using their stolen passports. That seems pretty odd to me.

Crazy... So was a bomb detonated, or were two sketchy individuals hitching a ride to Beijing unlucky enough to be on a plane that seems to have been lost at sea...

Crazy... So was a bomb detonated, or were two sketchy individuals hitching a ride to Beijing unlucky enough to be on a plane that seems to have been lost at sea...

My first though would be they were involved in drug running, though Malaysia to China doesn't make a ton of sense. They would traffic the other way and Malaysia has capital punishment for that.

I don't understand how stolen EU passports wouldn't show up stolen though when they either bought the tickets or checked in.

At the end of this interview this pilot said he thinks whatever happened will probably have little to do with the aircraft.

I read this comment someone left at the Guardian. Who knows if they know what they're talking about:
The signal was pinging every minute at 35,000 feet and then the next minute it wasn't. This implies sudden catastrophe as if they were diving they still would have pinged at a lower registered altitude. Instead it was at 35,000 ft and then it wasn't. It's possibly a bomb.
This plane was supposed to be able to continue flying even if one engine gave out.

Back