• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

A ray of hope in the latest "From the Quad," which includes a lengthy discussion on everything John Currie has been up to the last couple of weeks:

https://godeacs.com/news/2020/3/19/general-from-the-quad-covid-19-update.aspx

Don't underestimate the pressure Currie felt from the ogboards.com posters to release a statement. I think the "FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE" thread topping over 40 pages finally forced his hand.

He appears to understand the power of ogboards.com and knew he had to get something out there... and quick.

Or else fear the risk of getting "billboarded" like his predecessor.

As soon as I saw that email I did a search for "Manning" and was relieved to see zero mention of him. Combined with Childress talking about Manning like he didn't work for him anymore and all the "not if but when" rumors swirling, it certainly feels like we're headed in the right direction. The crisis is such a wildcard - at the very least his update is a reminder of how many angles there are to get hit from.

If this is so, i'd be very surprised if we don't have a coach by end of business Monday and wouldn't be shocked if it happened Saturday.

I'll bet you $100 that if he gets fired tomorrow, we don't have a coach before next Thursday.

If we don't have a coach by Thursday Miller is getting a call because Currie's whiffed on quite a few.

Currie does not want to be the overseer of an embarrassing, irrelevant basketball program. We can be grateful that his DNA is comprised of winning Wake hoops. He is going to get this done. #vibes

If this is so, i'd be very surprised if we don't have a coach by end of business Monday and wouldn't be shocked if it happened Saturday.

Why would you be surprised by anything? You're the one Skyping with a Tier 1 source, right?

I just reread Currie’s comments, and feel even better. There were a couple of obvious places to mention Manning and the season and he didn’t— it’s clear Hoover is staying as most expected. This doesn’t mean Manning is being fired, but I am very confident that a decision has not been made to retain him —at worst case there are ongoing discussions.

I'll bet you $100 that if he gets fired tomorrow, we don't have a coach before next Thursday.

I've made several bets on the board. The only person ever to pay his bet off was Shorty. I no longer make bets on the board and have said so many times.

I've made several bets on the board. The only person ever to pay his bet off was Shorty. I no longer make bets on the board and have said so many times.

Who among active posters didn't pay their bets off, RJ?

Why would I ever respond to Strickland? He'll be snarky, dismissive and condescending regardless of what I say. Always has been. Always will be.

in his defense, he does know more about every subject than everyone else on the board combined.

As soon as I saw that email I did a search for "Manning" and was relieved to see zero mention of him. Combined with Childress talking about Manning like he didn't work for him anymore and all the "not if but when" rumors swirling, it certainly feels like we're headed in the right direction. The crisis is such a wildcard - at the very least his update is a reminder of how many angles there are to get hit from.

More detail on this?

Back