• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I thought we had a law school. Is Contracts one of the courses? Apparently not.

However, that would not come into effect until the NCAA cancelled the 2020-2021 basketball season. So much patience needed on that front.

Right. Too early to say how this virus will impact sports.

that's cute. you think that our attorneys would have put something in the contract to account for the possibility of college basketball ceasing to exist, even though they did NOT provide a mechanism to end his contract early if he has (say) the worst six year stretch in the history of wake forest basketball.

Yes. Lawyers don’t decide the terms of the contract, that’s up to the parties. I’m sure Wellman was made very much aware about the implications of this contract by the lawyers.

Let's not pay any of our coaches !

No. Just manning.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it may be a problem if wake only decided to not pay one coach.

No. Pay the rest under a reservation of rights.

Manning's latest tweet is the biggest confirmation that he is coming back, IMO. Disgusted. And the optics are terrible. He is flat out taunting the fans.

Manning's latest tweet is the biggest confirmation that he is coming back, IMO. Disgusted. And the optics are terrible. He is flat out taunting the fans.

this one right?

Peep the top right corner if you want to see who runs his account.

They don't want him back either.

I'm seriously not sure if I'm making a joke or inadvertantly guessing the truth.

Doesn't matter. There isn't going to be a basketball season.

So, if it appears that there will be no college hoops in 2020/2021, I assume that we just keep Manning until we are forced to make a decision once bball restarts. No need to pay 2 coaches to sit around until there is some revenue coming in to offset the salaries.

I predict we will have a college basketball season, but it will be 20 games or so. Football with one game a week works fans in the seats or not. Basketball w twice a week games wont work

If there is a shortened or even canceled season this year, I assume we just pay him his 2020-2021 salary and the buyout is more palatable next spring?

Back