• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

That smacks of the standard:

“We do not comment on any ongoing litigation.”

Nice work, Conor. I like how you just laid it out there. No gaslighting from the AD or the local press, a nice change from the past.

Were you told that men’s basketball was a topic that was off-limits?

Agreed to no such stipulation.

I'll put it this way: It was a 30-minute phone call and 17 was on the record. Sorry for being coy, but that's really all I can say.

All Conor has to do is create a fake twitter account and spill the beans in it, kind of like mitt Romney or Bryan coangelo.

I guess anything about Manning and the basketball program was off the record. I didn’t see one word about those topics in the article. Maybe that satisfied the request for an interview and provided information to the beat writer, but the Wake Forest fans still know nothing. Nada. Zilch.

All Conor has to do is create a fake twitter account and spill the beans in it, kind of like mitt Romney or Bryan coangelo.

@NeilOConnor

I just imagine Conor sitting back with a beer and laughing listening to Currie's 13 minute rant about Manning.

I guess anything about Manning and the basketball program was off the record. I didn’t see one word about those topics in the article. Maybe that satisfied the request for an interview and provided information to the beat writer, but the Wake Forest fans still know nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Thanks for reading, 22.

Conor > John

The higher ups at Wake have never gave a shit about us fans, why would that change now??

It seems pretty clear to me. They talked for 13 minutes about how Currie understands that Manning needs to be let go, he’s working to make that happen, but the financials are challenging.

Thanks Conor.

It seems pretty clear to me. They talked for 13 minutes about how Currie understands that Manning needs to be let go, he’s working to make that happen, but the financials are challenging.

Thanks Conor.

He could have said that publicly. I'm reading it that the lawyers are involved.

He could have said that publicly. I'm reading it that the lawyers are involved.

I don’t think he would want to say that in case he ends up keep Manning.

But you could be right regarding the lawyers.

Wake doesn’t talk about contracts or ongoing litigation. Definitely seems like men’s basketball is stuck on one of those or both.

Wake doesn’t talk about contracts or ongoing litigation. Definitely seems like men’s basketball is stuck on one of those or both.

With very few exceptions, any litigation would be public record. I can’t imagine a contractual dispute with Manning would satisfy the standards for filing under seal, so if there was litigation pending, we’d almost certainly know it.

With very few exceptions, any litigation would be public record. I can’t imagine a contractual dispute with Manning would satisfy the standards for filing under seal, so if there was litigation pending, we’d almost certainly know it.
I have no clue if WF includes the provision in their employment contracts but often times there is a binding arbitration or mediation clause so if people think something legal is going on, it could be pretty quiet as any potential issues could be handled by those more private dispute resolution types.

Currie: “hey conor im not gonna fire Manning but idk how to tell those dumbfuck Wake fans just yet, those losers wont shut up”

Conor: “just fire him fuck it blow it up”

Currie: “nah im good”

giphy.gif

Back