• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Is buyout money due upon termination? Can we not fire him and figure it out later?

I'm 95% certain it was Les that asked Manning if he expected to be back.

Nah. That was Conor with the first question to Manning.

I asked: "Five seasons out of six so far in your tenure have ended with more than 18 losses. At this point are you enjoying your job as head coach at Wake Forest, and are you at all concerned about fan apathy, given the lack of attendance at Joel Coliseum?"

When he didn't answer the latter, I followed with: "What about the fan apathy?"

Who asked the question about whether he even enjoyed coaching any more?

Basically the "do you have any pride?" question.

Happy to submit an audio file if it helps.

I asked: "Five seasons out of six so far in your tenure have ended with more than 18 losses. At this point are you enjoying your job as head coach at Wake Forest, and are you at all concerned about fan apathy, given the lack of attendance at Joel Coliseum?"

You guys are excellent. Thanks for all the hard work.

Les -

We don't know each other so FWIW coming from me I applaud you loudly for that article. And of course to Conor for the initial salvo !

KUDOS !

Happy to submit an audio file if it helps.

Just to echo what other folks are saying, thank you not only for competently covering MSD, but also for getting us and respecting us as a fanbase.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ent--144854049/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Might want to read this before you complain Les is protecting the AD and Manning.

I wasn't going that far - seems like Les is a super ethical guy so i'm sure there's an answer. maybe i'm a bit sensitive since (as others have noted) Dan only really started emptying the cannon once he left the Journal. I get there is a tricky balance there since they need access and can't nuke the source for the material. but getting a check from the same people you are supposed to be asking tough questions of must require some delicate balancing.

It's as if Manning believes WF basketball exists just for his personal gratification. "Who cares if we lose most of the games, I'm enjoying myself."

ESPN REPORTS:
1100dc941eb1553eca2abf3f2667c547.jpg

Manning, why are you doing this to us? How many millions do you need to lead a good life? You are NOT a competent or capable coach. Let’s make a deal.

Les -

We don't know each other so FWIW coming from me I applaud you loudly for that article. And of course to Conor for the initial salvo !

KUDOS !
I second this to you both!
I know it can't be easy putting up with such bold faced horse manure all the time.
Y'all are great and all of us deeply appreciate it!

It's as if Manning believes WF basketball exists just for his personal gratification. "Who cares if we lose most of the games, I'm enjoying myself."

You know, in retrospect, Manning must have been shocked when Wellman gave him that contract extension.

" Holy crap this guy is actually buying my gobblygook "

You know, in retrospect, Manning must have been shocked when Wellman gave him that contract extension.

Wellman was determined to prove that he was right. “If I give this clown an eternity, he’ll figure it out.”

Back