• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Some of you guys are going to have a really bad day next week, when word officially gets out.

Will your erection subside and will you go back into your hole then, or will the AD task you with being the official propaganda rep to the boards?

I take comfort that bigboy was wrong last year and hopefull his streak continues.

It’s $15M now, rj is and always has been making up having a source, or failing that his source is wrong. We are not buying him out this year, he will return next year.

You guys show EXACTLY why you have NEVER had any sources and NEVER will.

I can't help it if no one likes you. trusts you or respects you.

The only thing that's larger than your ignorance is your jealousy...

You guys show EXACTLY why you have NEVER had any sources and NEVER will.

I can't help it if no one likes you. trusts you or respects you.

The only thing that's larger than your ignorance is your jealousy...

I’m more interested to find out who’s #sauces are correct than I am to find out about Danny. RJ vs the world. I really want to believe RJ, but we shall see.

I think we should start up an RJKarl vs bigboy8 thread. A duel to decide whose source is a liar and/or imaginary friend.

https://twitter.com/forestdeacs/status/1237747000684285952?s=21
Noticed Shah liked this tweet, which was in a thread about how Currie needs to step up and get Danny out of here. The thread is a good read.

To be fair, this was the tweet that he liked -

Having a good basketball team is a source of pride & way to stay connected to MSD.

As Mit Shah said "Basketball is the emotional center of this university. It's what everybody feels when they characterize their passion for athletics.

s/o to Les Johns for the quote
(2/x)

The tweet was basically his own quote, so I'm not sure I would read too much into him liking that individual tweet. If he liked #10 or #11 in that thread, it would be a little different.

For what it's worth, this article from ESPN believes it will be a very light coaching carousel this year:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28893468/what-know-know-ncaa-tournament-cancellations

How do the cancellations of the basketball tournaments and most spring sports impact coaching employment decisions?

It's too soon to tell, but the men's basketball coaching carousel should be much lighter than normal. Unless there's an obvious need for a dismissal, athletic directors and university boards likely will be cautious about making changes after such an abrupt and unusual end to the season. Also, they have many more things to worry about with their entire athletic programs essentially shut down for the spring.

"Has to be slower than expected," a coaching agent said. "Really bad look [to make a move now]. There could be a late cycle once things calm on the virus front."

So far, no power conference programs have made changes. Eleven schools have fired their coaches and two -- Evansville (Todd Lickliter) and Idaho (Zac Claus) -- already have hired replacements. What does Texas do with Shaka Smart? Texas had been seen as the trigger school for the 2020 coaching cycle, but few would be shocked if athletic director Chris Del Conte tables this decision for another year.

I hope im wrong and rj, netflix and whoever else has said he will be fired are right. We will find out next week.

Yep. I can't see Wake replacing Manning now. There are obviously some that like him (probably Hatch).

This gives them perfect cover to stay the course. Winning games pales compared to this end of world plague.
Not even sure when there will be games again. Why pay a big buyout with all of this going on and no games to be played in the near future.

To be fair, this was the tweet that he liked -

The tweet was basically his own quote, so I'm not sure I would read too much into him liking that individual tweet. If he liked #10 or #11 in that thread, it would be a little different.

Well, if he liked that tweet I’m assuming he read the whole thread. He definitely wants a change, which is very important. Noticed NazTDeac, who now works in the AD, liked a post about how Shaka is a very good coach and would be a good pickup for Wake. Really have no idea what to think right now, just looking for positive things where I can find them.

I hope im wrong and rj, netflix and whoever else has said he will be fired are right. We will find out next week.

Your #sauce sounds very mild, somewhere in the ketchup area. RJ’s sounds like Texas Pete. Excited to find out.

Come on now, don’t settle down now. Your last 10 or whatever posts pushed all your chips into the middle, stand by it.

Regardless of whether or not Currie actually wants to move on from Manning, Currie has far bigger fish to fry right now. There's almost no chance an announcement is made in the next few weeks until there's some sort of stabilization with the COVID-19 panic and a 'return to normal'. I guess it's possible that a move is made later this spring, but there's much more important things for Currie to worry about now.

[Note, I don't say panic because I think people's fears are unwarranted, I say panic because, well, it is]

Back