• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

This is where i am too. Bigger q then is who’s next and does Currie already have the answer lined up or is he starting from scratch.

I would be surprised if he is starting from scratch now. In December it was looking like the 2019-2020 season was going to repeat the previous seasons. Currie had to have feelers out.

I would be surprised if he has anyone ready to sign. Some guys who should be on his list have moved greatly in availability recently. Shaka looked like he was going to be fired by Texas. Now it looks more like he gets another year.

Beilein was reassigned away from coaching duties in Cleveland. He should be more available now. What better way to rehab his reputation than resurrect a once proud college program.

Thad Matta's situation has not had any publicly noted changes. His payments from OSU are still projected to end in a few months.

For a contract to be legally binding, don't parties have to be competent? Surely we could find someone that can prove Wellman was incompetent at the time of the signing, thus would void the contract.

For a contract to be legally binding, don't parties have to be competent? Surely we could find someone that can prove Wellman was incompetent at the time of the signing, thus would void the contract.

I'm sure Ronnie would consent to a mental competency test.

I’m pretty sure Ronnie didn’t Just pull a pen out of his pocket, grab a napkin, and sketch out the worst contact in WF history without the requirement that it be reviewed and approved by others. (He wasn’t that powerful, was he?) Wonder who else thought giving DFL 6 more years at 3 mil per year was a great idea? Whoever they were should be opening their wallets.

I’m pretty sure Ronnie didn’t Just pull a pen out of his pocket, grab a napkin, and sketch out the worst contact in WF history without the requirement that it be reviewed and approved by others. (He wasn’t that powerful, was he?) Wonder who else thought giving DFL 6 more years at 3 mil per year was a great idea? Whoever they were should be opening their wallets.

My understanding was Wellman was granted complete contractual control and this was his fuck up all by himself.

My understanding was Wellman was granted complete contractual control and this was his fuck up all by himself.

If Wellman had complete control, Hatch several others had already fucked up.

Currie may be micromanaged because of that. The pendulum may have gone to the opposite end. That situation would obviously slow the process from the Wake side.

Had to have been a forced Wellman resignation.

Still don't get why he had to get a street named after him. :dumb:

Tomorrow has got to be the day. After then, its gonna get worrisome.

Next person that says this is about money, I may turn in my diploma. Don't want to be associated with stupid fucks.

I don't know. I am paid a whole lot less to be disliked when I shuffle each day into my job. I am pretty sure I wouldn't stop shuffling in if I was being paid more.

Yo SBM, probably would be more liked at work if you didn't put your real life business on the line to encourage RJ's fantasies of access and power.

If Manning is fired ill eat crow, ill eat shit, ill eat whatever just fire his ass. It will be the greatest day in Wake bball in over a decade. Get it done Currie.

It's called oversight. It's shocking how little there apparently was in this case. Any company of any decent size needs checks and balances and reviews for these types of expenditures. Again. Shocking the freedom the clown was apparently given.

Back