• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

For me this issue, due to current circumstances in our country, has gone from high priority to less than mild interest. It's hard to even call it a problem right now.

Same. It's too bad a change wasn't made when it should have been, immediately after the season ended, but now there are more important things to worry about.

Just said he has no knowledge about what will happen moving forward. Claims no knowledge or involvement. Business as usual for now. At least they asked

Nothing to see here. Living in the 90s.

They asked Chill at the very end, and he didn’t really comment. Honestly doesn’t know the answer. He dodged the question best he could. Good interview overall. Go Deacs!

I like how he referred to "Danny Manning and his staff" and said he didn't really now and it doesn't affect him.

They asked if he knew anything about the future of Manning and his staff at Wake Forest... Childress says he hasn't heard anything. Doesn't worry about it because it is beyond his control.

He actually answered it well... Didn't duck the question and didn't sound annoyed by getting the question.

I’m encouraged that he didn’t indicate that he “absolutely “ expects to remain. That answer tells me they haven’t been told they are staying.

We've discussed on here how it could be bad press for firing a NCAA legend or bad press press for keeping him on. Well now ESPN is going to be All Tom Brady, All Day, so good time to pull the trigger on an announcement.

He’s not going anywhere. WFU = We Fucking Up. Again.

No confidence in this administration whatsoever.

Well, if they aren't going to announce anything, I would hope the media would start asking more questions and publicly call them out. If Currie and the Wake administration are hoping this will just go away and people are distracted enough not to care then they are sadly mistaken. If anything, we have more time on our hands to stew and wonder.

Last edited:
Wonder if they are not acutally negotiating a buy out, but rather renegotiating the steaming pile of Wellman's contract into a version more palatable to Wake (ie., heavily loaded with performance incentives that Manning to date hasn't been close enough to even sniff at).

That said, Manning is very experienced about contract negotiations from his NBA days, and probably much more so than the Wake legal team

Wonder if they are not acutally negotiating a buy out, but rather renegotiating the steaming pile of Wellman's contract into a version more palatable to Wake (ie., heavily loaded with performance incentives that Manning to date hasn't been close enough to even sniff at).

That said, Manning is very experienced about contract negotiations from his NBA days, and probably much more so than the Wake legal team

Can’t imagine any reason Manning would willingly renegotiate the sweet deal that idiot Wellman drew up and signed.

Back