• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

An Atlanta radio station doesn’t give a damn about Wake and will barely touch on that other than perhaps talking about John Collins. It’ll be an interview like Chill’s talking about the good ole days.

I’d think the opposite, I think they absolutely need the AD’s permission. Do AD’s really let their most prominent employees talk to the media without any sort of approval process? Obviously I’d prefer you be right.

yeah there's no way

Stopping Manning from talking would be worse than anything he could say. If Danny bad mouths anyone, it hurts his future and may be covered by his contract.

Can Currie stop Danny from doing an interview? In theory, it might be possible but not realistic.

Would he stop Danny? Highly unlikely.

I’d think the opposite, I think they absolutely need the AD’s permission. Do AD’s really let their most prominent employees talk to the media without any sort of approval process? Obviously I’d prefer you be right.

Absolutely Wake is aware and approved him going on this show. If I was interviewed by some media outlet and my company's name was used/I was representing the company in some way and I didn't clear it with the company I would be in such deep shit.

These stations have literally nothing to talk about. The damn radio broadcast team for the Braves now has a 2 hour daily show to fill the hole created by the loss of games.

I’m sure they’re working hard to find any relevant content.

Absolutely Wake is aware and approved him going on this show. If I was interviewed by some media outlet and my company's name was used/I was representing the company in some way and I didn't clear it with the company I would be in such deep shit.

You're not a head coach. He doesn't need to ask permission every time he does an interview.

This has become a shitshow, Iona fired their coach and then hired Rick Pitino. And LOWF cant rid of Manning, what a disaster.

Don’t know much about the process. Does this mean nothing will get done in the negotiation process as he will be in Atlanta the next couple days?

Don’t know much about the process. Does this mean nothing will get done in the negotiation process as he will be in Atlanta the next couple days?

They can do radio interviews over the phone.

These stations have literally nothing to talk about. The damn radio broadcast team for the Braves now has a 2 hour daily show to fill the hole created by the loss of games.

I’m sure they’re working hard to find any relevant content.

If you're looking for relevant content, Manning is wrong guy to interview. Don't care what the subject is, unless it's incompetence, perhaps.

That's where his annual review is.

You're not a head coach. He doesn't need to ask permission every time he does an interview.

yeah, but he doesn't want to be going outside the bounds of company policy right now. might cost him $15 million.

AD gave him permission to go on the show.

He's going to go on the show and talk about how excited he is to come back, progress being made, paint touches happening, etc.

(Phone rings in studio)

"Hi, this is John from Winston-Salem. Actually, Danny, we've decided to go in a different direction."

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

$15M gambit...

If DFL can go on the air and not mention Paint Touches or Free Throws a single time, he gets retained.

If he slips up, immediate termination.

AD gave him permission to go on the show.

He's going to go on the show and talk about how excited he is to come back, progress being made, paint touches happening, etc.

(Phone rings in studio)

"Hi, this is John from Winston-Salem. Actually, Danny, we've decided to go in a different direction."

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

friend of mine works in consulting and once had his boss get laid off via phone call just as they were both about to walk into a client meeting.

battlefield promotion, sort of

Back