• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Danny Manning talking about Jamie Newman. I'm sure that was some exhilarating commentary.

Was there any discussion about the Wake Forest basketball program? If not (or if it was minimal) that’s the clearest sign yet that he’s gone. You done use valuable radio exposure to talk about Jamie Newman and Kansas basketball if you’re planning to stay in your current job.

As everyone freaks out here, how about some perspective? How many P6 have there been since they postponed/canceled the NCAAT?

As everyone freaks out here, how about some perspective? How many P6 have there been since they postponed/canceled the NCAAT?

I don't care if Boston College or Texas fires their head basketball coach. I do care if Wake Forest fires their head basketball coach. I fail to see how the actions taken or not taken by schools like BC or Texas are predictive of what and when Wake Forest will decide regarding Manning's future.

This. No one is making moves now. I will be very surprised if Manning if fired and we attempt to conduct a coaching search during the coronavirus panic.

This. No one is making moves now. I will be very surprised if Manning if fired and we attempt to conduct a coaching search during the coronavirus panic.

I think moves may start being made if the Spring recruiting period is re-opened. That may be the impetus.

Oh the bullshit excuses are coming now, if Wake wanted to fire Manning it would of been done by now.

I think moves may start being made if the Spring recruiting period is re-opened. That may be the impetus.

So we will wait to make a move until we actually need coaches to do something? Come on man.

You would think if he was just coming back we would’ve heard about it by now. Not sure what the silence is about.

Perspective:

I've been told to expect something to be announced by the end of next weekend.

TTTTTT-That's all folks!!!!

Then, how can you make definitive statements like the one above?

If you actually noticed, I almost never use that word. For this I have one source, but it is impeccable and I have seen data. You can believe anything you want. I believe my eyes and ears and the origin of the information.

Keep taking shots, that's your prerogative. If you'd rather be ignorant, combative and arrogant, don't let me stop you. I forgot one thing and wrong.

Please realize, this isn't just about you. There's a core of people whose board lives are built on a foundation of RJ knows nothing about anything and knows no one anywhere.

You and others are so invested in your preconceived notions about me that you really have no choice. You have to act like this or admit I have seen what I say I have and show years of posting towards me to be wrong. I get it. This is sad and pathetic, but I am completely aware of the necessity of these reactions and posts.

There was not expected to be much turnover in P6 conferences this year. I read at least two articles that said if we opened up as we should we would probable be the top job this year. Which makes it all more perfect timing to get the coach we want. But I can see us in typical Wake fashion waiting till next year when 15 programs better than us open up and we are stuck with scraps again.

BTW, it's time to give Danny credit for his help during this health crisis. His defensive schemes provide social distancing.

Not really sure if this guy knows much but just had a small time donor tell me Manning will be back next year. Dont really know how credible he is tho FWIW

Back