• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

With a good hire, we could be a Top 25 team in a couple of years. Also with the new CBA taking lots of the Top 25 players to the league, the entire landscape of college basketball is likely to change in the next five years.

Each day feels like an eternity around here.

If there is any truth to this, I wouldn't expect any news until the ACCT concludes.

BTW, where is Currie's office ?

Just hard to believe that the Wake Forest office of legal council has fallen so far in the last 15 years that it would OK a contract that had the alleged buyout and language that said that the only job DM had to perform to get paid was head basketball coach. Just really hard to believe that such a contract would be given approval. If it is so, then Clawson needs to. hire DM's agent. He has actually done something that would warrant a sweet heart deal

The legal department may very well suck, but I’ve had overruled by clients/the business numerous times in language because they were so desperate to get a deal done. We can advise and recommend all day, but most times it’s up to the business.

As another anecdote: I have not been a Deacon club member in years, all my giving is directed to the law school. In the grand scheme of $$WFU I am a small donor indeed. Last week I got an email offering free tickets to the WFU suite at the ACC tournament for myself and a guest, any session I want including the championship, first come first served. This has never happened before and my giving to the law school has been about the same for the past several years.
The obvious conclusion is that if they have to resort to small-time, non-Deacon Club members like me to fill the WFU suite at the ACC tourney - just down the road in GSO - then very large numbers of big donors have lost all interest in the basketball program.
I am not planning to attend. I have better things to do, like aerate my lawn.

I hope you replied with such a message. Maybe not about your lawn but at least about a lack of interest.

The college landscape changed years ago. Wake did not change with it. We left a moron like Wellman in charge for over 25 years. We’re already DePaul. May as well get used to it.

As somebody who lives in Chicago, Wake Forest is NOT DePaul.

Would you folk please stop using Christ's name as a curse word? Please.

As a Prof and PhD candidate in Hebrew Bible and the Ancient Near East I regret to inform you that, despite your WASP upbringing and brainwashing, there is no commandment or law regarding anything about cursing. “Taking the Lord’s name in vain” refers to swearing a false oath which is not relevant in the modern world.

Sorry Mebanedeac, I wish people could be a little more respectful even if they disagree with your requests. I come on here to get info and most of the time it’s just smartass answers and people looking to be the first to jump on someone. And I know I choose to view this forum and probably shouldn’t

I'm from your era 73, and I couldn't agree with you more. Sadly for us we are always hopeful that "news" might be available on this board and thus we continue to log on. It is basically a playground for bored, self important twits who think that everyone logged in is panting feverishly in anticipation of their next mindless, snarky comment, or hoping to sit on the sidelines of a message board name-calling 10 rounder. Just peruse the last page or two of this thread to confirm this. I know for sure only one infrequent poster from my time at Wake Forest, and I'm NOT calling him out. He's honest and thoughtful when he does post. I'm 100% positive that this post will generate tons more witty retorts from the message board zombies that I don't know who haunt this board to "discuss Wake Forest Athletics Freely". FWIW I don't care what you think of me, but will be unabashedly grateful to any of you who have actual Wake Forest Sports News to share. Thanks to all of you, and Al Gore, for the internet.

I'm from your era 73, and I couldn't agree with you more. Sadly for us we are always hopeful that "news" might be available on this board and thus we continue to log on. It is basically a playground for bored, self important twits who think that everyone logged in is panting feverishly in anticipation of their next mindless, snarky comment, or hoping to sit on the sidelines of a message board name-calling 10 rounder. Just peruse the last page or two of this thread to confirm this. I know for sure only one infrequent poster from my time at Wake Forest, and I'm NOT calling him out. He's honest and thoughtful when he does post. I'm 100% positive that this post will generate tons more witty retorts from the message board zombies that I don't know who haunt this board to "discuss Wake Forest Athletics Freely". FWIW I don't care what you think of me, but will be unabashedly grateful to any of you who have actual Wake Forest Sports News to share. Thanks to all of you, and Al Gore, for the internet.

Do like rj says and have fun

I'm obviously from the same general period. I could do without the off-subject banter and occasional snarkiness but have come to understand that folks considerably younger than I have somewhat different ways of communicating and might express themselves in ways that used to make me cringe. I've adapted to the new normal - perhaps my already thick skin has further evolved, or simply my understanding that our generation is no longer the leading force of determining society's norms.

IMO, the older generations' duty is to pass on our knowledge and offer guidance but otherwise, get out of the way.

Last edited:
Steve Forbes should be our next basketball coach without question.

Back