• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

So if Manning gets canned this week, RJ goes green, right?

For what? Unless there is some public announcement that the contract was never fully guaranteed then RJ is a clown.

How about we just give RJ the cell numbers of the mods so he can reach them 24/7 with Skype Scoop?

Per Les and Conor, Manning when asked if he expects to be wake’s coach next year:

“Oh absolutely!”

If Beilein or Matta is the new coach, John Currie could make the announcement pretty quickly after DFL "resigns". Matta is drawing $100k per month from tOSU thru June and Beilein "reached a financial settlement with the team that will pay him a portion of this season's salary on his way out, according to Wojnarowski." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...on-different-role-to-assist-the-organization/

I don’t think we have any reason to believe Manning will resign.

We should have banded together and withheld our donations til Manning was fired. I sent mine in already mostly because of football parking, but I'll quadruple it if Manning gets fired.

LK Goebbels might consider giving me one his swasatika flags no matter what. I get it.

I don’t think we have any reason to believe Manning will resign.

That's why I put resign in quotes. I believe we'll reach a settlement with Manning that will allow him to resign at a discounted price from whatever his contract calls for.

He’s returning. We didn’t buy him out.

giphy.gif

So what now ?

Timing - I'll repeat my guess that the earliest we'll hear anything - either way - will be Monday 3/16.

I'm watching for smoke signals from either Conor or Les now....

Sunday/Monday is when I would expect an announcement if there is one. Conferences don't like coach firing announcements during their Tournaments as it is negative news when they want only positive news stories.

Sutton just liked a Tweet about Beilein going on BTN as a guest analyst tomorrow night?

Back