• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Sutton just liked a Tweet about Beilein going on BTN as a guest analyst tomorrow night?

Based on his tweets a year ago, his posture or change of posture on Manning right now is key for Currie.

Sunday/Monday is when I would expect an announcement if there is one. Conferences don't like coach firing announcements during their Tournaments as it is negative news when they want only positive news stories.

Agree....why I think Monday is D-day.

Monday sounds right.

Announce new coach Thursday while we're all watching the NCAAT all day long.

Monday sounds right.

Announce new coach Thursday while we're all watching the NCAAT all day long.

giphy.gif

Based on his tweets a year ago, his posture or change of posture on Manning right now is key for Currie.

What was his posture last year at this time? Or Shah? Both have been fairly selective in terms of what they have liked recently on social media.

To be clear, Conor is the only one asking these questions. Love Les, but i did raise an eyebrow when he started working for the AD on the side - not sure how you keep that firewall up.

Per Les and Conor, Manning when asked if he expects to be wake’s coach next year:

“Oh absolutely!”

What was his posture last year at this time? Or Shah? Both have been fairly selective in terms of what they have liked recently on social media.

AIR, and hopefully others will confirm, his remarks that were linked here were clearly backing both Manning and Wellman.

He's given ALOT to Wake but I don't trust the guy.

To be clear, Conor is the only one asking these questions. Love Les, but i did raise an eyebrow when he started working for the AD on the side - not sure how you keep that firewall up.

I'm 95% certain it was Les that asked Manning if he expected to be back.

Is this the “official” thread for new developments?

Fuck you, Danny Manning:

“Your fans are your fans,” Manning said when asked if he was concerned about fan sentiment. “A lot of them expect certain things, but at the end of the day you're going out there and you're trying to do the best you can, night in and night out.

“And we certainly appreciate our fans and we want to have that support to continue, but these guys and the coaching staff are doing everything we can to continue to take steps and get better.”

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ent--144854049/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Might want to read this before you complain Les is protecting the AD and Manning.
"Vowing a year ago that his Deacs would “take a step” and be in the March Madness conversation, Manning is now repeatedly moving the goalpost to proclaim victory despite gathering just a couple more wins than a year ago, in yet another season that climaxes with a Tuesday first-round ACC Tournament loss.
“I think our team has definitely improved,” Manning said. “If you look at the individuals on our team and where they’ve come from to where they are now, there’s no question there’s been improvement.
“When I look at our team, I think these young men have put forth great effort. I’m extremely proud of this group and believe we’ve taken some steps. Not as many as I would like, or where I’m content with where we’re at. But I certainly feel like we’ve taken those steps in the direction we want our program to go.”'

DOES DUMBFUCK THINK HE'S RUNNING AN AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM?
Cause he sounds like a Youth League coach.

On second thought, truthfully, maybe that's what he actually should be coaching. He does (at times) legitimately seem like he cares about mentoring.
Maybe he should take some of the money he's screwed Wake out of and start a For-Profit (cause we ALL know it ain't gonna be Non-)?

He said he’s extremely proud of this. I really think he is living in a different reality than everyone else.

Back