• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

[name redacted] also "resigned" on March 20th, 2014.

That was a Thursday, however.

The review would probably go something like this 1." Danny you have been a miserable failure in your six years here and we see no improvement on the horizon, therefore we have decided you are dismissed. 2. "Danny, you have been a miserable failure in your six years here and we see no improvement on the horizon and you should be fired, however since you will not budge on your contract either in the amount or the terms, we are forced to keep you here. We will make your job and your life miserable here for this reason so why don't you spare you and us the trouble by resigning.

The review would probably go something like this 1." Danny you have been a miserable failure in your six years here and we see no improvement on the horizon, therefore we have decided you are dismissed. 2. "Danny, you have been a miserable failure in your six years here and we see no improvement on the horizon and you should be fired, however since you will not budge on your contract either in the amount or the terms, we are forced to keep you here. We will make your job and your life miserable here for this reason so why don't you spare you and us the trouble by resigning.

No, since this is John Currie and he has yet to show any sort of balls or spine, and this is still Wake Forest, the review would probably go something like "Great job Danny, looking forward to next season. Everyone appreciates the job you are doing."

You donā€™t seem too optimistic. Are your sources still saying heā€™s staying?

Let me put it to you this way, if you're boss told you that it was time to part ways in a formal setting, don't you think that would slip out right afterwards?

However, if he's staying then that information can come out whenever the AD feels like doing so.

Let me put it to you this way, if you're boss told you that it was time to part ways in a formal setting, don't you think that would slip out right afterwards?

However, if he's staying then that information can come out whenever the AD feels like doing so.

True. But is that just speculation?

I'm expecting a change. The people I still keep in contact with back in W-S are even expecting a change. However, as I said before, this is a financial issue. I know of one person that knows the final outcome of behind the scene financial discussions. The only thing he has mentioned to me is that "it will be out there by the end of next week." (which was last week)

I was a little wary of John Currie when he first came onboard last year. However, from everything that I've heard, he has our best intentions in mind. Regardless of the decision that will be made, I hope everyone here understands that it was not a decision that was made lightly.

Last edited:
Guys, obviously the deal has been done for days and days. But, the review wasn't on the calendar until today...that's just the way it works in this world. That's life.

maybe the government can bail us out. Burr could propose the legislation on his way out the door.

I'm expecting a change. The people I still keep in contact with back in W-S are even expecting a change. However, as I said before, this is a financial issue. I know of one person that knows the final outcome of behind the scene financial discussions. The only thing he has mentioned to me is that "it will be out there by the end of next week." (which was last week)

I was a little wary of John Currie when he first came onboard last year. However, from everything that I've heard, he has our best intentions in mind. Regardless of the decision that will be made, I hope everyone here understands that it was not a decision that was come to lightly.

Lol if youā€™re suggesting thereā€™s even a remote possibility people here donā€™t lose their fucking minds if heā€™s retained.

Not sure if this is good or bad news, but the team and staff still hasnā€™t been told anything regarding the decision.

Guys, obviously the deal has been done for days and days. But, the review wasn't on the calendar until today...that's just the way it works in this world. That's life.

So youā€™re doubling down on your belief that Currie is going to essentially pop his head into Manningā€™s office and let him know heā€™s fired without going through a formal process? LOL. Iā€™ll say it again so you can quote me again, a formal review before terminating a high profile, multi million dollar contacts is ā€œjust the way it works in this worldā€.

Back