• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

at this point anyone besides manning will at least have us all paying attention again and not have a handicap in recruiting.

From what I can gather (which is severely limited at his point), the decision to announce the firing of Manning will not take place until a new coach has agreed to a contract.

So you're we're saying is, Manning has been told by Currie that "I want to fire you, and if we can sign another coach you're fired; but up and until then you're still our coach." And I'm not trying to be a smart-ass and that may be 100% what is taking place, but man what an awkward "working" situation that would be. No way that scenario could drag on much longer.

I mean, Manning obviously already knows we want to fire him. What's the difference in telling him you're looking for someone else now?

Someone on Twitter just said Currie is using a firm to search and hire. Stated his source was somebody who worked under Currie. Uhhhh.

My understanding is that the year end reviews, to include Danny Manning's, will have ended by COB today. It will be set one way or the other. From here on out it's just a matter of when everyone else will be filled in.

Someone on Twitter just said Currie is using a firm to search and hire. Stated his source was somebody who worked under Currie. Uhhhh.

Who is going to fire? That's what we're worried about now.

(Not sure why we need a firm to do a search, but let's cross that bridge later)

I read that as "you will be relieved of coaching duties but keep quiet while we are looking for a new coach." Maybe danny gets a more graceful exit or something. Does not get the national rep with ADs poisoned or something by. Being a jerk on the way out. Then again, free dummy.

Ironic that when I brought up what sportsnut just posted a week or two ago, it was considered to be FOS. Now that it is confirmed by another source, it's brilliance.

Good for you sportsnut. :)

Ironic that when I brought up what sportsnut just posted a week or two ago, it was considered to be FOS. Now that it is confirmed by another source, it's brilliance.

Literally nothing you said would happen and attributed to a Tier 1 source has proven true you silly old man.

Just fucking fire him so I can go ahead and cancel my hold on firedannymanning.com

Last edited:
"After a lengthy and long national search, we discovered we had the perfect person here the whole time....Our new coach....The Reff"....

Holy shit, you've seriously become a parody of yourself with this "always the victim/look at me feel slighted" bullshit. You have to be doing it on purpose at this point.

This has become a shitshow, first the excuse is the buyout, now were not gonna firing Manning till we have a new coach? we’re gettin played by the higher ups, its gonna go something like this when hes not fired we tried to fire Manning but the buyout was too high and we couldnt get the right coach.

If we end up with Sidney Lowe, I’m gonna be so pissed.

We’re playing ourselves, bigboy. Currie hasn’t communicated a word about firing or hiring to us. It’s the roller coaster of board hysteria.

If we cant get a top coach this year then wtf makes anyone think we could get one next year???

Anybody else reading this thread to witness the dawning comprehension and seven steps of grief?

0abeb900a7f613f9cbb465fb2f46f434.jpg

fetchimage

People with sources.. have the players and staff been informed yet?

Back