• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

This has become a shitshow, first the excuse is the buyout, now were not gonna firing Manning till we have a new coach? we’re gettin played by the higher ups, its gonna go something like this when hes not fired we tried to fire Manning but the buyout was too high and we couldnt get the right coach.
Orrrrrrr, maybe people on the boards make stuff up or speculate then somebody repeats it without attribution than people start spreading it, then it is taken as gospel.

Higher ups aren't saying shit

People with sources.. have the players and staff been informed yet?

Even, if the AD waited to finish Danny Manning's review last, they have to all be done by now. Which means it's just a matter of time before it gets released one way or the other.

People with sources.. have the players and staff been informed yet?

I wouldn't expect the players to be told much before an official announcement.

How long would you expect them to wait before hitting social media with that kind of news? 10 minutes, max. Most likely less than that.

Met today how? Nobody is on campus.

The team will be told right before news breaks and the decision is announced if the last couple firings are a worthwhile template

As some people like to point out, we would be the only P6 job opening right now. If we cant lock down who we want under those circumstances, we should just fire him anyway and take whoever we can get. Because that’s as favorable a hiring situation as possible. Therefore, I’m choosing to believe he’s gone regardless, and am going to just wait for the espn notification as to when.

This has become a shitshow, first the excuse is the buyout, now were not gonna firing Manning till we have a new coach? we’re gettin played by the higher ups, its gonna go something like this when hes not fired we tried to fire Manning but the buyout was too high and we couldnt get the right coach.

Which I would think means we just play all walk-ons or kids who want to be on TV and wave to mom. Serious recruiting is effectively shutdown if it is known we tried to get rid of him but couldn't.

When 4:00 pm comes and goes with no news I will resigned myself to the return of DFL. There is zero reason to not have canned his ass by now even if we don’t have a new coach locked up. None

Currie is fucking this up. The guy cannot be trusted to conduct a competent firing/hiring.

4:01.

This shit ain't happening. Get ready for another year of Manning. If there's any basketball next year.

Back