• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I think that Muse, and maybe Manning, just don't know the final verdict yet. The "silence" tweet and then the tweet thanking Manning and Hoover just seem to be more than random tweets. I think, or maybe I'm just hoping, that Currie is sealing the deal with someone else before letting Manning know that he is officially done. Muse may have sent the "silence" tweet in veiled frustration but has easy deniability as to the meaning behind it. I am definitely trying to put a positive spin on things. haha

I think that Muse, and maybe Manning, just don't know the final verdict yet. The "silence" tweet and then the tweet thanking Manning and Hoover just seem to be more than random tweets. I think, or maybe I'm just hoping, that Currie is sealing the deal with someone else before letting Manning know that he is officially done. Muse may have sent the "silence" tweet in veiled frustration but has easy deniability as to the meaning behind it. I am definitely trying to put a positive spin on things. haha

Muse is in charge of bringing MBB and WBB alumni back for events and such. Muse’s tweet was saying thank you for allowing and welcoming them to return. It would have been kind of weird to directly tweet at the HC and not get any response in return. I’m not reading much in to this subtweet.

Last edited:
Maybe they are tone deaf enough to think this puts pressure to keep them? Some contractual stipulation to pretend his all in and fulfilling his side of the bargain? Trolling the haters (aka fanbase)? Currie's master plan to slow roll that he's staying but let the anger subside and turn to resignation? Impressive if true.

I doubt the person that tweets from Manning’s account knows the result. They were just responding to Muse, who tweeted at him. Calm the fuck down people.

Thanking them for an event from almost a month ago 10 days after the season ended?

Muse is in charge of bringing MBB and WBB alumni back for events and such. Muse’s tweet was saying thank you for allowing and welcoming them to return. It would have been kind of weird to directly tweet at the HC and not get any response in return. I’m not reading much in to this subtweet.

This is where I’m at currently. Don’t think it means much of anything.

So a best case scenario is that it's just profoundly tone deaf and out of touch. Seems about right.

I think Muse and Manning don’t know what is going on yet. And Muse is frustrated about it. But he probably realizes Manning (and staff) are likely on the way out.

That’s my read on it.

Relax Currie is doing is part to battle Corona if Manning returns we may not have gatherings of 10 or more at the Joel next year.

I think Muse and Manning don’t know what is going on yet. And Muse is frustrated about it. But he probably realizes Manning (and staff) are likely on the way out.

That’s my read on it.

I think he is frustrated and let that first tweet slip and then thought better of it and decided to make it look like a series of sports motivational quotes.

The comments to Manning’s tweet by presumably you guys are brutal. How can a guy hang around and get abused like that. And don’t get me wrong I’m all for it. Hope we can run him out.

I think he is frustrated and let that first tweet slip and then thought better of it and decided to make it look like a series of sports motivational quotes.

The comments to Manning’s tweet by presumably you guys are brutal. How can a guy hang around and get abused like that. And don’t get me wrong I’m all for it. Hope we can run him out.

I think that is highly likely.

Why does anyone care what Mike Muse says or tweets? And why in the hell is he working for Wake Forest? He’s the worst.

I’m about to resign from this entire shit show. We can’t fire a loser. We hire a narcissist for some convoluted position in the Deacon Club or whatever.

Good Lord. What a clown show.

Why does anyone care what Mike Muse says or tweets? And why in the hell is he working for Wake Forest? He’s the worst.

I’m about to resign from this entire shit show. We can’t fire a loser. We hire a narcissist for some convoluted position in the Deacon Club or whatever.

Good Lord. What a clown show.

Not a fan of Muse?

With Wellman I’d expect this. After a while he’d give an interview and give an “oh heavens yes” like it was a stupid question to wonder if Manning was coming back and we’re all a bunch of stupid rubes for not seeing Daniel’s brilliance like he does.

This delay by Currie is just bizarre, I guess I assumed he’d be aware of how big the elephant in the room is.

Back