• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Well hopefully the reason it took so long to announces that they reach some sort of agreement with Manning that if he doesn't achieve a certain set level of performance next year which is hopefully is significant that he will agree to a certain already negotiated buyout

You just KNOW we will have a ton of departures too which completely negates the only remotely rational narrative around this.

"Ron, you fired Dino Gaudio for what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has been to only one NCAA Tournament and not won a single NCAA Tournament game since his firing, how would you assess your own decision-making over the last 9 years?"

Ask the question or else you're not doing your job, Les / Conor.
And word-for-word. No touching it up. Fucking do it.

Well hopefully the reason it took so long to announces that they reach some sort of agreement with Manning that if he doesn't achieve a certain set level of performance next year which is hopefully is significant that he will agree to a certain already negotiated buyout

What good is that? Recruiting will be Big South level.

giphy.gif

This is exactly it. We are making a financial decision. Albeit one that destroys the hearts of fans everywhere.

"Ron, you fired Dino Gaudio for what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has been to only one NCAA Tournament play-in round and not won a single NCAA Tournament game, nor reached one ACC tournament quarterfinal since his firing, how would you assess your own decision-making over the last 9 years?"

added a bit of color

Please refrain from using the word hope in posts about Wake Forest basketball.

Hahaha program redacted indeed. Let's just forget this bull shite and move on with our lives. What a shit-sham of a travesty in our woebegone, misguided athletic department. Sad to see so many flames of passion for WFU BB extinguished in such fashion. We have been reduced to smoldering rubble and Wellman's legacy will be forever tarnished whether he thinks so or not. Now more than a decade, perhaps an entire generation of potential new fans, will never have the pleasure of enjoying and knowing what things could be like with capable and responsible leadership at the helm of our AD and BB programs. I'd like to say it's been a fun ride -- I can still remember the halcyon era of Dave Odom if I close my eyes and think real hard -- but it's been more like a slow-motion, inexorable train wreck you can't do anything about. At least I can officially stop caring from here into perpetuity! Shanks for the memories Ronnie, you imbecile!!

Last edited:
"Ron, you fired Dino Gaudio for what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has been to only one NCAA Tournament and not won a single NCAA Tournament game since his firing, how would you assess your own decision-making over the last 9 years?"

:werd:

I am not sure why all the venom now. I have been trying to get you people on this train to dump Wellman before he entered into this contractual debacle.

We are forfeiting the next 3 seasons. Now would be the perfect opportunity to implode the Joel, play in Reynolds & GSO, & get a proper stadium in place for our 2025 rebuild.

it's a metaphor

Back