• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Can we add a Wake Forest Basketball forum. I still like checking in on football and other sports, but would rather not have to sort through all of the basketball threads, during next year's dumpster fire.

Well hopefully the reason it took so long to announces that they reach some sort of agreement with Manning that if he doesn't achieve a certain set level of performance next year which is hopefully is significant that he will agree to a certain already negotiated buyout

Why in the world would Manning sign that? He already has a contract in place that pays him 18 million if he is relieved of his duties. We’re i him, I’d say no thanks to any contractual changes. Stupid Wellman. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Any smart basketball coach is already on the phone trying to get a game with the 19-20 Deacs on the schedule.

Eff it. Let’s just play all road games for paychecks next season. Give other P5 teams a W against a P5 program. Collect checks to put towards hiring an actual coach for 20-21 and ensure that When Manning is finally canned, his record as the most abysmal coach in the history of the conference is safe for etenity.

I am not sure why all the venom now. I have been trying to get you people on this train to dump Wellman before he entered into this contractual debacle.

The reason this board was formed 10 years ago was because we wanted to Dump Wellman

Can we add a Wake Forest Basketball forum. I still like checking in on football and other sports, but would rather not have to sort through all of the basketball threads, during next year's dumpster fire.

Program redacted forum

The youth excuse.

We all knew this was coming but wanted to pretend like our AD is competent.

Problem is, Danny is the reason our teams are perpetually young.

Screw this BS. Ron Wellman is a narcissistic fool.

Why in the world would Manning sign that? He already has a contract in place that pays him 18 million if he is relieved of his duties. We’re i him, I’d say no thanks to any contractual changes. Stupid Wellman. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Because he wants to keep coaching basketball.

I can’t wait for this to hit the national sports media to hear them shred this decision.

Actually that’ll never happen, we’ve been made so irrelevant that no one looks at wake anymore

I'm taking my 9 year old son to the Duke game tonight in Columbia. He is excited to see Zion play, but doesn't want Duke to win because he knows I hate Duke. Fuck that. I'm giving him express permission to be a Duke fan now. He already makes fun of Wake Forest being so terrible in his lifetime, he might as well just go ahead and enjoy basketball fandom the rest of his life and pull for Duke.

Thanks to the individual who posted Wellman's and Currie's email address...I sent the following to both...

Mr. Wellman,
You probably will not read this message but as a follower of WFU sports since the Bones Mckinney era I am appalled at your desire to destroy this University's signature sport. Have not watched an entire basketball game featuring WFU since 2017.

Your stubborness and lack of a winning attitude is appalling.

Mr. Currie my only hope is you do not imitate the actions of your predecessor. Shame on you if you do!!!

I posted the following on one of the message boards this AM.....

Many thanks for the update. Since Skip's passing, this program has been cursed. Wellman's idea of bringing "CULTURE" to the program without a desire to win and succeed is horrendous. Many long time fans of Wake's signature sport going back fifty years plus will now be out...

If Wellman was a Chief Executive Officer of a Corporation the shareholders would have had his ass canned many years ago.

This past season I have not endured the agony of watching a complete game. Thank you your "Ronness" for allowing me to enjoy the Winter months in peaceful tranquility! If Clawson should depart for greener pastures, it is not inconceivable that WFU be requested to withdraw their ACC membership! NO ONE LIKES LOSERS!!!

Danny Manning is an asshole for not walking away at this point

Wellman is so fucking stupid

Wellman signing Manning to that extension was borderline criminal and the fact that he is just going to ride off into the sunset is infuriating.

THIS +1 zillion. Unconscionable. And now Currie is tethered to this sinking ship. Good luck JC, wouldn't wanna be ya!!

The youth excuse.

We all knew this was coming but wanted to pretend like our AD is competent.

Problem is, Danny is the reason our teams are perpetually young.

Screw this BS. Ron Wellman is a narcissistic fool.

But the real question is why the fuck was he making the decision?? He’s not going to be the AD anymore! Of course this had to happen in the most crushing way possible by announcing a new AD and giving us hope. If the Wellman retirement announcement didn’t happen we all already would have braces for this long ago.

I'm looking for some sort of eternal sunshine memory wipe service right now. Clear all Wake basketball from my brain.

I’m already preparing myself for using whatever “progress” we make next year as justification for another year beyond that.

Back