• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Just spoke with my dad, who said “I honestly feel really bad for bringing you and your brother up watching Wake basketball at this point. I’m sorry” with real emotion in his voice.

That made me sad. I am sad.

I miss my Deacs. Fuck you Ron and fuck you board of trustees.

Reactions: Ayo
The press release basically says that all Manning has to do is show any level of improvement from this past season.

Manning is locked in contract through the 2024-2025 season. He ain’t going no where.

Bring in good people like Jamil Jones.

Transfers ruin argument.

Currie’s tweet tone deaf. Acts like a Kappa Sig giddy to be back on campus with Barry.

Not racist at all to speculate that Dopey may be too dumb to draw up winning plays.

Dino lost in the first round.

Daniel, you’re my...brother...not waving goodbye tho.

Hoard and Mucius still can’t shoot. Look disinterested.

Bridger used to be fun. Renovations sucked, pander to bourgeoisie and students don’t show up.

Separate forum for shitshow basketball a must.

Don’t let your kid pull for Duke you idiot. Just pull for Wofford, Clem or USC, but not rat face EVER.

Don’t give a dime to DC.

This is nothing but a power play by Wellman to let us all know he’s in control.

Currie wants to let him go but he’s not the AD. Wellman has the final say- he likes Danny and would never fire him.

He liked Bz and wouldn’t have fired him. Bz really did resign, Nina was unhappy here and Bz knew he would never win the fans.

Please, if you do nothing else in your time as an alumus/alumna, do NOT step foot at the Joel next year or until Coach Smokin' is gone. Even then, I would reserve judgment to see who takes over. Support Clawson, support our non-revenue sports if you must, but please stop enabling this insanity going forward.

Not that my capacity to care for my alma mater will ever recover to any modicum of what it used to be 10 years ago, I beg all of you to not give a dime to the Deacon Club nor purchase any more BB tickets that will only go towards Ron Wellman's retirement party/send off at this point. Let the program burn down completely into the scorched earth. Thank you.

Last edited:
Seems likely this decision was made awhile ago. Currie starts in May so that he doesn’t have to take the bullet for Wake not being able to pay Danny’s buyout

He may not take the bullet, but he is still covered in blood. Fuck that weak piece of shit.

Then Fire Wellman, don’t let him do his farewell tour, kick his senile dumb as shit narcissistic ass to the curb and fire Manning at the same time. Wake is pathetic.

Currie wants to let him go but he’s not the AD. Wellman has the final say- he likes Danny and would never fire him.

He liked Bz and wouldn’t have fired him. Bz really did resign, Nina was unhappy here and Bz knew he would never win the fans.

Why did Wake leadership let this happen? Athletics isn’t a fiefdom.

Also, it seems the billboard worked!

So the behind the scenes BS to deal with you referenced two days ago was just Ron Wellman?

Please, if you do nothing else in your time as an alumus/alumna, do NOT step foot at the Joel next year. Support Clawson, support our non-revenue sports (wait, they probably all classify as non-revenue outside of football) if you must, but please stop enabling this insanity going forward. Not that my capacity to care for my alma mater will ever recover to any modicum of what it used to be 10 years ago, I beg all of you to not give a dime to the Deacon Club nor purchase any more tkts that will only go towards Ron Wellman's retirement party/send off at this point. Let the program burn down completely into the scorched earth. Thank you.

Good post.

I’m down for a fuck you ron Wellman billboard, even though he is leaving in a month, don’t let him have his nice quiet retirement on the way out.

The youth excuse.

We all knew this was coming but wanted to pretend like our AD is competent.

Problem is, Danny is the reason our teams are perpetually young.

Screw this BS. Ron Wellman is a narcissistic fool.

Right. With Moore, Crawford, Dinos, etc., we would have been a veteran team.

I’m down for a fuck you ron Wellman billboard, even though he is leaving in a month, don’t let him have his nice quiet retirement on the way out.

In for $50! Why not? We might all feel better chopping Mr. Ego down to size a bit. Launch on Tax Day and run till May 1st. Can't be that expensive. Some billboard advertising company might take pity on us and give us an extra week for our troubles since we are so sad and pathetic.

So the behind the scenes BS to deal with you referenced two days ago was just Ron Wellman?

Ron is in control until May 1. Not Currie, not the megadonors, not Hatch. Ron and Ron alone. He has made everyone aware of that and if the two “sides” did not align, it really didn’t matter because retaining Danny was Ron’s decision.

Back