• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Ron is in control until May 1. Not Currie, not the megadonors, not Hatch. Ron and Ron alone. He has made everyone aware of that and if the two “sides” did not align, it really didn’t matter because retaining Danny was Ron’s decision.

That’s nonsense though. Hatch is Wellman’s boss. He is accountable for all of Wellman’s decisions.

My dad, who’s been a season ticket holder since he graduated in ‘71 is considering not getting tickets this year.

I want to suspend my DC donation, it I know it goes to scholarships for other sports.

Man, I wish Ron Wellman was MY boss. Paying me an exorbitant rate for a job where I can't be fired? Sign me up!

For me it's simple...Wake Forest basketball and college basketball in general is dead to me. I will never step foot in the Joel again while Manning is coach.

A few other things:

I couldn't be more disappointed in Currie...I thought he had a set of balls and my fear is he has his dream job and we have another Wellman

I'm supposed to meet with Paul Kennedy next week about raising money for Women's golf. I'm going to keep that meeting but will tell him that while I might give a very small amount to WG I'm resigning from the Deacon Club.

These are the only things I can do to express my displeasure...writing letters does nothing.

I've never been so disappointed in Wake Forest.

Our other coaches who are actually producing the product they were hired to produce better be getting paid- and I mean paid- or there will be a mass exodus.

I don’t know what Clawson’s salary is or what his contract includes but Wake better be prepared to negotiate when the time comes.

Yeah, I waited to mail in my Deacon Club donation until last week and I got caught up in the excitement that this shitshow was finally going to end. I really wish I had waited. Not that Wake really cares about my measly donation, but still.

I know it's a bad look, but I really, honestly, truly, deep down in my soul hope this basketball team doesn't win a single game next year. Not one.

This is nothing but a power play by Wellman to let us all know he’s in control.

Currie wants to let him go but he’s not the AD. Wellman has the final say- he likes Danny and would never fire him.

He liked Bz and wouldn’t have fired him. Bz really did resign, Nina was unhappy here and Bz knew he would never win the fans.

If to echo another poster, if ron was walking outside my office, I would take a swing. I may have to take off work. I had hope damit.

I seriously want a Deacon head with a brown paper bag over it. I'll get shirts and stickers printed up. Wish I had Photoshop skills.

To quote the release “to represent Wake Forest positively in the classroom” Manning has graduated 1 fucking player in 5 years. Hatch, Wellman, the BOT are frauds and liars - this line is just another example of it. I’m done

Yeah, I waited to mail in my Deacon Club donation until last week and I got caught up in the excitement that this shitshow was finally going to end. I really wish I had waited. Not that Wake really cares about my measly donation, but still.

I know it's a bad look, but I really, honestly, truly, deep down in my soul hope this basketball team doesn't win a single game next year. Not one.

Have they cashed the check yet? If not, put a stop payment on it to give them the finger.

Back